How to Ease Swollen Flanks After Liposuction?

What can I do to fix my swollen flanks? One is much larger then the other. My Dr recommended a type of shot but there are side effects I'd rather avoid. Any other suggestions?

Swelling after Liposuction is Normal

+1

Swelling after liposuction is normal.  However, since you feel that one side is much more swollen than the other, I would follow up with your surgeon to rule out a postop fluid and/or blood collection.   Your swelling most likely represents the postop edema that all patients experience.  Taking it easy, limiting any type of workouts, wearing a comfortable compression girdle will all help.  It may take up to 3-6 months to appreciate the improvement.  Patience is tough for all of us, but will usually be rewarded in the long run.  Best wishes.

Michael Vincent, MD, FACS

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Options for reducing swelling after liposuction

+1

I would recommend that you wear form fitting garments that avoid creating constricting bands that worsen edema and swelling. You may want to be evaluated by your surgeon to assess a possible seroma formation. Gentle exercise will also help to promoteclymphatic circulation. Some surgeons strongly believe in manual lymphatic drainage.

Lipo

+1

You didn't say how long post-lipo you are.  We use Endermologie both pre and post liposuction on virtually all our lipo patients.  It really helps speed up the process and is very safe.  You might consider a course of endermologie.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD