Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?

I would like to purchase juvederm and botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true?

Do Not Do This Without a Proper and Intact Medical License

I would strongly recommend never doing this. As part of a group devoted to preventing fake and counterfeit products like this entering the US, we don't accept this – and it is against the law to obtain a medicine, which this is, without a proper and intact medical license. Don't do it.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox and Juvederm

You can't legally buy these products in the US because you don't have a license to practice medicine, and any product you import from another country can't legally be injected since it hasn't been approved by the FDA. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Regarding: "Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
I would like to purchase Juvederm and Botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true

By law, Botox, Juvederm and other medications are NOT sold to anyone who does not have a license to practice Medicine. If you do buy such items whoever is selling it to you is breaking the law by selling it to a non-physician or by selling you a fake medication. The purchase of Botox and other medications from "over seas" pharmacies is also illegal and any physician injecting a patient with such materials risks Federal penalties and potential loss of his medical license. Finally, injecting yourself with Botox is as intelligent as performing your own appendectomy.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Buying your own Botox & Juvederm

It is highly unsafe to even attempt to buy and inject your own Botox & Juvederm without a medical license.  It is not only against the law, it is extremely dangerous as the efficacy of the medication and injection technique can not be guaranteed.  See a licensed medical practitioner who is supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, no exceptions.

Not legal

This is not a good idea because if you aren't a physician, Juvederm can't be legally sold to you. Anything you buy will be obtained illegally. Juvederm can only be sold to a licensed physician and administered by a medical professional. 

Should you inject fillers and Botox in your own face?

I am concerned for you.  Even if you could obtain the medications and equipment needed, and I have never heard of someone being able to do that, if you weren't using strictly clean or sterile technique you could get an infection that hides out in the deep tissues of the face and is very hard to eradicate with antibiotics.  You could hit an artery or nerve trunk and get in real trouble with necrosis (death) of skin or nerves, paralyzing a portion of your face, or even causing permanent blindness or stroke.

On a simpler level, no matter how intelligent or careful you are, there is really no possibility of you being happy with the results.  For example, I was in school, doing medical research, or in a training program for 27 years before I saw my first dermatology patients withiut supervision.  I then studied and was trained in aesthetic procedures for another 5 years, and only then began treating patients with cosmetic procedures.  Actually, the learning never stops.

i was trying to see if this question was submitted on April 1st, because I think you are just pulling our legs to make us a little crazy, right? Did you used to do this to your poor mother, too?

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Importing Juvederm is not Legal. Injecting Without Skill is Dangerous!

It is illegal to import Juvederm into the United States. Furthermore you cannot be sure if this is truly Juvederm.   There are counterfeits and expired products sold under less then legal circumstances.

My big question is, what do you plan to do with your Juvederm once you have imported it? Skilled injectors have a very low complication rate. Unskilled injectors have a very high complication rate. The FDA recently issued a warning on the dangers of intravascular injection with hyaluronic acids including Juvederm.  

Catastrophic injuries hve occurred with Juvederm injection especially in unskilled hands. I suggest you find a skilled injector.

Juvéderm is legally sold only to medical professionals

No, it is not true that Juvéderm and Botox can be purchased legally from another country if you are not a licensed medical professional. It is dangerous to inject these if you are not properly trained, and you will not get the results you are seeking.

Cory Torgerson
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Illegal and Dangerous

This not advised. It could be extremely dangerous for you to use a product that you’ve purchased online, without knowing the source. Not only could it be expired or counterfeit goods, only a licensed medical professional can perform the treatment. It is illegal to purchase Juvederm from any other source other than from a licensed medical professional.

Self-injection with Botox and Juvederm

Without a medical license you cannot legally obtain Botox and Juvederm. As you are not a licensed physician in the US, you should NEVER consider treating yourself, or anyone else. Importing products from other countries is hazardous - you never know what you're getting - and can lead to many complications. There are many nuances that are learned during post-graduate medical education and experience, not the least of which is awareness of potential complications, techniques for their prevention and management, should they occur. A qualified physician will have available appropriate antidotes and treatments to manage complications, in case they occur. Injection of fillers and Botox may seem simple and easy on the surface but only in the hands of experts.  There is no reason to Do-It-Yourself except to save money.  Mistakes can be costly....