Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?

I would like to purchase juvederm and botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true?

Do Not Do This Without a Proper and Intact Medical License

I would strongly recommend never doing this. As part of a group devoted to preventing fake and counterfeit products like this entering the US, we don't accept this – and it is against the law to obtain a medicine, which this is, without a proper and intact medical license. Don't do it.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox and Juvederm

You can't legally buy these products in the US because you don't have a license to practice medicine, and any product you import from another country can't legally be injected since it hasn't been approved by the FDA. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Regarding: "Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
I would like to purchase Juvederm and Botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true

By law, Botox, Juvederm and other medications are NOT sold to anyone who does not have a license to practice Medicine. If you do buy such items whoever is selling it to you is breaking the law by selling it to a non-physician or by selling you a fake medication. The purchase of Botox and other medications from "over seas" pharmacies is also illegal and any physician injecting a patient with such materials risks Federal penalties and potential loss of his medical license. Finally, injecting yourself with Botox is as intelligent as performing your own appendectomy.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Buying your own Botox & Juvederm

It is highly unsafe to even attempt to buy and inject your own Botox & Juvederm without a medical license.  It is not only against the law, it is extremely dangerous as the efficacy of the medication and injection technique can not be guaranteed.  See a licensed medical practitioner who is supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, no exceptions.

Not legal

This is not a good idea because if you aren't a physician, Juvederm can't be legally sold to you. Anything you buy will be obtained illegally. Juvederm can only be sold to a licensed physician and administered by a medical professional. 

Should you inject fillers and Botox in your own face?

I am concerned for you.  Even if you could obtain the medications and equipment needed, and I have never heard of someone being able to do that, if you weren't using strictly clean or sterile technique you could get an infection that hides out in the deep tissues of the face and is very hard to eradicate with antibiotics.  You could hit an artery or nerve trunk and get in real trouble with necrosis (death) of skin or nerves, paralyzing a portion of your face, or even causing permanent blindness or stroke.

On a simpler level, no matter how intelligent or careful you are, there is really no possibility of you being happy with the results.  For example, I was in school, doing medical research, or in a training program for 27 years before I saw my first dermatology patients withiut supervision.  I then studied and was trained in aesthetic procedures for another 5 years, and only then began treating patients with cosmetic procedures.  Actually, the learning never stops.

i was trying to see if this question was submitted on April 1st, because I think you are just pulling our legs to make us a little crazy, right? Did you used to do this to your poor mother, too?

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Please do not buy illegal product and try injecting yourself at home. It is very unsafe.

It is not legal to inject Juvederm and Botox without a medical license or as a nurse working under the direct supervision of a physician. It may seem pretty simple, but there is a lot that goes into making sure it is done safely and that you get great results. Purchasing the product from another country is not advisable as it could be a counterfeit product and you really have no idea what the condition of the product is. 

There are good reasons why you need a medical license to purchase these injectable products. Mainly, it is a medical procedure and it involves having a good working knowledge of anatomy. Additionally, I would recommend that when you seek out a physician to do your injections, it is important to find someone who has a good aesthetic eye to give you the best result.  A board certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon with an aesthetic practice and good reviews, and possibly a personal referral from a friend can lead you in the right direction.  An expert may cost a bit more than others but they can usually give you a better result and with great technique even sometimes use less product than other physicians who charge less per syringe to get you the result you are looking for.

Dr. Quenby Erickson

Buying Botox and juvederm

This sounds like a trick question. First of all, it is illegal to import these products from other countries. You must have a medical license in order to get the botox or juvederm, unless you are using a counterfeit product, at which you risk injecting contaminated products into your face. These products may not be FDA approved, They may consist of substances that can truly harm and disfigure you, or cause an allergic reaction that can not be resolved. If you really want to get them done, then save your money, and possibly your life, and go to a reputable Doctor.

Buying your own Botox and Juvederm is not a good idea

First of all, Botox and Juvederm can only be purchased by a doctor with a current medical license. Anything else is just illegal.

Also, if you purchase this type of product over the internet, how do you know what you are getting? There was a case of a person doing exactly this, and because the product was over a million times more potent than it should have been, the "Botox" (it wasn't Botox) injections caused he and a friend to be hospitalized for weeks!

Lastly, anatomic awareness, experience, and skill are required to successfully inject Botox and filler, none of which most non-physician or non-nurse individuals would possess.

I highly suggest you don't do this.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Surgeon

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buyingand injecting your own Juvederm and Botox

Only licensed medical providers are able to purchase medical grade products like Juvederm. It is unsafe and illegal to purchase this product from any unauthorized dispenser. It is advised to only receive treatments from a licensed board certified medical practitioner. 

Grant Stevens, MD