Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?

I would like to purchase juvederm and botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true?

Do Not Do This Without a Proper and Intact Medical License

I would strongly recommend never doing this. As part of a group devoted to preventing fake and counterfeit products like this entering the US, we don't accept this – and it is against the law to obtain a medicine, which this is, without a proper and intact medical license. Don't do it.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox and Juvederm

You can't legally buy these products in the US because you don't have a license to practice medicine, and any product you import from another country can't legally be injected since it hasn't been approved by the FDA. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Regarding: "Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
I would like to purchase Juvederm and Botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true
?"

By law, Botox, Juvederm and other medications are NOT sold to anyone who does not have a license to practice Medicine. If you do buy such items whoever is selling it to you is breaking the law by selling it to a non-physician or by selling you a fake medication. The purchase of Botox and other medications from "over seas" pharmacies is also illegal and any physician injecting a patient with such materials risks Federal penalties and potential loss of his medical license. Finally, injecting yourself with Botox is as intelligent as performing your own appendectomy.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Buying your own Botox & Juvederm

It is highly unsafe to even attempt to buy and inject your own Botox & Juvederm without a medical license.  It is not only against the law, it is extremely dangerous as the efficacy of the medication and injection technique can not be guaranteed.  See a licensed medical practitioner who is supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, no exceptions.

Thomas McFadden, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Not legal

This is not a good idea because if you aren't a physician, Juvederm can't be legally sold to you. Anything you buy will be obtained illegally. Juvederm can only be sold to a licensed physician and administered by a medical professional. 

Should you inject fillers and Botox in your own face?

I am concerned for you.  Even if you could obtain the medications and equipment needed, and I have never heard of someone being able to do that, if you weren't using strictly clean or sterile technique you could get an infection that hides out in the deep tissues of the face and is very hard to eradicate with antibiotics.  You could hit an artery or nerve trunk and get in real trouble with necrosis (death) of skin or nerves, paralyzing a portion of your face, or even causing permanent blindness or stroke.

On a simpler level, no matter how intelligent or careful you are, there is really no possibility of you being happy with the results.  For example, I was in school, doing medical research, or in a training program for 27 years before I saw my first dermatology patients withiut supervision.  I then studied and was trained in aesthetic procedures for another 5 years, and only then began treating patients with cosmetic procedures.  Actually, the learning never stops.

i was trying to see if this question was submitted on April 1st, because I think you are just pulling our legs to make us a little crazy, right? Did you used to do this to your poor mother, too?

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Botox and Juvederm

Botox and Juvéderm can only be legally purchased through their manufacturer. They only sell to appropriately licensed physicians etc. There are many safety reasons for this. If you are interested in Botox and Juvéderm injections please find yourself a great 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm from out of country

I would not recommend ordering any injectable products yourself, especially if it is from out of the country,  First, injecting these products require a high degree of skill and hence the need for regulations on who can buy these products.  In addition, products from outside the country are not regulated, and you never know what you are getting.  Remember that packaging is cheap, and hence it can be easy to create the look of a "me too" product.

Injecting Juvederm Yourself....

Absolutely under no circumstances should you inject any filler into your body yourself. You need a licensed and experienced injector to do this safely and give you the results you desire. You cannot get these products in the U.S. and it is very illegal. 

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm: Medical License Required For Purchase

It’s always a bad idea for patients to perform self-diagnosis and self-treatment. Without appropriate training, this approach can result in therapeutic disasters. Injectable fillers require a unique skill set and specialized training. Without this skill set complications are inevitable.
It’s also illegal to obtain Juvederm without a medical license. If you’re able to illegally obtain Juvederm there may be quality control issues as well. In some cases the material may not even be sterile.
Based on these considerations, self-injection of fillers is a bad idea. Not only is there the potential for poor aesthetic results, but there’s also the potential for significant complications. If you’re considering Juvederm, the safest approach is to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in this area.