Latisse Price Quote, Too Expensive?

Why would my dermatologist mark the price of Latisse up to $150.00 if everyone is charging $120.00? That makes me sort of angry. What could be the reason for the increase?

Latisse pricing - too high?

+3

Thanks for your question -

A physician may charge any price they want for Latisse. Maybe your dermatologist is providing additional services with the treatment. Maybe they're just pricey. It is hard to know.

Here are some facts though:
Latisse is made available from Allergan for about $75. As you can see most physicians are adding about $50 mark-up.

In our San Francisco office we're offering Latisse for $110. This includes a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, instruction on use and monthly follow-up including pictures to demonstrate the progress.

In addition to price look for added benefits of getting Latisse from a particular provider like discounts on other services, being able to actually meet with the physician to discuss risks, benefits and typical course as well as an ability to track your long term progress (monthly clinical photos of your lashes).

Not sure, but shop around. You can likely get it at the pharmacy for 120.

+2

Thanks for your question.

I am not sure for the reasoning on the price, but each physician may charge differently based on different factors. As Latisse is a prescription item, you can simply ask your physician for your prescription and either get the Latisse from another office, or even easier, just take it in to your pharmacy (CVS, Rite-Aid, etc). They should be able to give it to you for a competitive price, and if they don't have it in stock, they can special order it for you.

Also, you may wish to look for special offers. We offer Latisse at $120 regularly, but, you can get it for $99 with any Botox procedure, and more recently we have started offering multi-month discounts. You can get 2 months (2 kits) for $209 and 3 months (3 kits) for $299.

Look for offers such as these to help you out and save money. As long as you have the prescription, you can get your Latisse anywhere - even shipped to you. Use this opportunity to find the best deal!

Good luck!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Ask your doctor about rebates

+1

Latisse In Raleigh, NC. In my plastic surgery practice, we offer Latisse at the price of $72.00. This is the price physicians pay for Latisse. Currently, there are 2 ways to save even more, a rebate of up to $100 for patients who also use Botox or Juvederm making Latisse FREE, OR an extra $20 off with rebate. 

Latisse is a fantastic product but something people administer themselves. There is no expertise required. Why wouldn't people want the lowest price? We essentially offer Latisse at our cost as a way to thank our clients and an opportunity to offer a luxury product at a significant savings. You don't want to price shop for Botox, Juvederm or certainly not surgery, things that require expertise and experience, but Latisse is the same everywhere.

Latisse cannot be shipped. it is available through prescription only, Patients must visit a physician or pharmacist to have the prescription filled. In my office there is no additional fee for a consultation with a P.A. or nurse practitioner who will write the prescription

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Latisse cost sounds a little high

+1

The standard price for Latisse is $120 on average. It sounds like your dermatologist may have a high overhead and thus have to charge a higher price. If you look at different procedures, the prices tend to be higher in places where things cost more in general..new york city, Los angeles etc. I am not sure what the overhead or standard of living costs in knoxville Tenn are but I would guess it would be less expensive than the bigger cities. Ask them.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Price of Latisse

+1

I prefer when patients get Latisse from a physician. This way you know it is having the desired effect and not causing any trouble. The costs should range anywhere from $100-140 depending on your market. I also think pre and post Latisse(two months) photographs are a good idea. Involving a physician might bump the cost of the product and service up a little, but I think it is worth it.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Latisse price quote

+1

Buyer beware! This doctor feels he can charge this fee. There are no guidelines to fees quoted. So we are all clear the fee to us, the doctors, is $78+ per vial. Thus I charge a fee of $100 for this GREAT product - my wife loves it!!!

From MIAMI Dr. B

Latisse prices vary

+1

If your physician is pricing his/her Latisse much higher than other physicians, then he or she will probably not sell very much of it.  Since Latisse is now available at many offices and med spas, patients definitely have a choice on where to buy it.  This can also work against "desperate" offices and med spas that need business badly and are trying to bring in patients by offering "too good to be true" Latisse prices as a lost leader.  The wholesale price for Latisse is $72 for physicians so when patients see it on sale for $85-$90 per bottle you can bet that office/med spa wants your other business too, because they cannot make their overhead on just their Latisse prices.  Many patients will just buy their Latisse at these places then go back to their dermatologist or plastic surgeon that they know well for their treatments. 

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse Pricing

+1

Latisse typically costs around $120 in a pharmacy and between $99-150 in a physician office.  All Latisse is made from one manufacturer Allergan.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse Price

+1

The price of Latisse varies in our area from approximately $99 - $150. The price charged at the physician's office is up to that office and is subject to whatever markup they would like to place on the product.

While we're not sure why the price was increased, there are certainly many offices prescribing Latisse so you should have a few competitive alternatives in your area if the $150 price is too high.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Price for Latisse

+1

You will see different prices on the market for Latisse depending on where you purchase it. I have seen it as high as $150 and a s low as $99.00. We sell ours for $100 so we can give patients the opportunity to try the product without feeling over- whelemed by the price. So far I have had nothing but positive feed back from the patients. They are very excited about having lashes that are long dark and thick. My esthetician that works in my office has been using Latisse and I am amazed at how long her lashes have grown. I diffently can say I've seen the results from this product and I am impressed by the outcome.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist