Number of Latisse Refills Should I Ask For?

If I get a rx for Latisse, how long should I use it for, or should I say, how many refills should I ask for?

Latisse Refills

+1

Latisse can be used for as long as you like to continue the growth of your eyelashes. Refills may be purchased on line at TheWebDermatologist.com with free shipping to any State.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse prescriptions depend on the state.

+1

In Arizona prescription medications must be reviewed on an annual basis.  Latisse is a prescription and falls under these rules.  In my office I am always available for questions or concerns and will check in with my Latisse patients every 12 months if all is well.  

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Lasik refills

+1

Once your initial six or eight weeks of Latisse application have started more prolific eyelash growth, you should be able to go to every other or every third day. In my practice I do the following: see the patient prior to Latisse use and take photographs of the eyelashes. I then dispense a Latisse kit, which will typically last 2 months or so. By this time you should see a nice improvement in eyelash appearance and growth. I then have the patient come back and we retake the photographs and dispense another kit or two. This should last upwards of six months at least as we will start to decrease your use of the product to every other day after 2-3 months.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Latisse should last at least 2-3 months

+1

One Latisse kit should last at least 2-3 months. Most women have found that you may not need to apply Latisse on a daily basis once the eyelashes have grown to your satisfaction in terms of length, darkness and volume. However you should apply at least a couple times a week to maintain what you have achieved.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

1 bottle of Latisse can last 3 months or longer

+1

If you use a very fine eyeliner brush (which we supply off label to our patients) instead of the thick disposable brushes that come with the Latisse kit, a bottle of Latisse can last up to 3 months with daily use. After 3 months, if used every other day for maintenance, it can last up to 6 months. 

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse does not require refills and lasts longer than you'd expect

+1

Once your doctor has determined it's okay for you to use Latisse, you'll be able to reorder the product as you wish. Very few people are advised not to use the product, but there are some conditions that need to be ruled out first, so that's why you can only get this item through a physician.

There are a few ways to get the most out of the product container so it lasts considerably longer than is indicated on the packaging. Your doctor or the doctor's staff should demonstrate the correct application procedure and they'll probably show you the most efficient way to use it so you get the most useage. Just ask.

You'll see the "final" results in 16 weeks, though most people see some growth at 8 weeks or sometimes earlier. You do need to continue use to keep the active phase system going. After the 16 weeks you can usually go into maintenance mode and use Latisse 3 or 4 nights a week. You'll discover what works for you fairly quickly.

Latisse is based on a hair growth cycle enhancer. Basically this simply means that the lash hairs (and brows) will stay in the active growth phase longer than normal, so your lashes are longer and the density of the lash hairs increases (thus the increased fullness).

Nasrin Mani, MD
La Jolla Ophthalmologist