Laser Lipolysis for Under Eye Bags?

I am 29 and have had eye bags for most of my life i have tried all fillers and all have failed. recently I have been hearing all over the news about a laser that melts away fat on any part of the body. How beneficial is this for those whom would not like to go through the eyelid surgery. I think it might be called smart laser/ Laser Lipolysis please explain the difference between the two and if it actually works for the eyes.

Laser Lipolysis for Under Eye Bags?

+2

NO! that area of the face is NOT for Smart Lipo or Laser Lipolysis. Very dangerous to attempt this. Please reconsider before doing this. From MIAMI 

Laser Liposuction

+1

There is no reason to bypass a perfectly good procedure and introduce risk with a laser for the eye area.  An upper or lower eyelid procedure is so safe and easy to do surgically that using a laser for the fat removal is not needed.  Using a laser for the dissection can be beneficial, but RF  has been used for years, is safe, and a good option, probably the best.  A consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will help you make the best decision.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction is not a solution for fat herniation in the eyelids.

+1

Do not let anyone suction the fat in your lids with laser liposuction or anything else.  The lower lids are anatomically complicated and delicate.  There are good operations that can remove excess fat and make the lids look better.  Liposuction of any kind is not one of them.

Laser Lipolysis on the the lower eyelids could be dangerous.

+1

If you have lower eyelid bags, careful with a lower eyelid blepharoplasty is a much safer was to have them treated.  A lower eyelid laser blepharoplasty usually leaves no bruising and excellent results if performed by a skilled laser surgeon.  Other surgical techniques are also very successful if perfromed by expert Plastic surgeons.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Absoulutely not, do not do smart lipo under eyelids

+1

laser assisted liposuction is not designed for lower eyelid puffiness.  Fat repositioning helps maintain your youthful appearance later in life. Seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic, ENT facial plastic surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Absolutely Not!

+1

This would be extremely dangerous as posted above. Consider one of the more traditional approaches to the lower eyelid.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Laser lipolysis under the eye

+1

Definitely avoid having laser lipolysis for your under eye bags.  The procedure is experimental at this point and the results are not consistent.  The complications include lower eyelid skin burn and lower eyelid malposition which can be difficult to correct.

Kambiz Jacob Cohen-Kashi, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Laser isn't a good option and the 'fat' may actually be good for you, not bad!

+1

Fat under the eyes is frequently thought of as a 'bad thing'.  In reality, the fat that remains under the eyes in most people is a good thing and if we could only make the natural fat on the rest of peoples' faces stay it would be great!  So don't do away with this or you may start looking gaunt instead.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

No lipo under the eye...

+1

Yo will need to have lower eyelid surgery with removal of the fat and extra skin through incision under the eye lashes.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Under eye bags and lasre lipolysis

+1

NO!!!!  If you have under eye bags that are excessive, I would consider having a conservative removal of the eyebags with surgery. This can be done through an incision within the conjuncitva inside the lower eyelid. Do not have liposuction of this.