Laser Lipo 1 Year After Chemotherapy (Lymphoma in Remission)

I had ovarian lymphoma treated with surgery and chemotherapy but no radiation 1 year ago. I am in complete remission. My tummy markedly changed after surgery and I am wondering if laser lipo was an option?I am 46.

Laser Liposuction

+1

Talk with your oncologist and ask if they think the time is acceptable for the stress on your body.  If they give you the green light, then proceed, but always keep them informed of your decisions, and listen to their advice.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal liposuction after surgery and chemo

+1

Provided that your oncologist has no conerns, and that there are no hernias, liposuction may provide you with very good results. Laser lipo may not provide you with any better result than conventional liposuction.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Laser liposuction following ovarian surgery

+1

Laser liposuction is likely an option to improve the contour of your abdomen and flanks.  This technique has a few advantages over traditional liposuction.  One is that it can often be performed under local anesthesia with or without sedation.  General Anesthesia is usually not required.  Recovery time is also minimized.  However, I have found the skin-tightening claims of this treatment to be exaggerated.  It may yield minimal skin tightening, but if you have stretch marks or excessive skin laxity, it will not likely tighten these to a significant degree.