Why Can't People with Collagen Vascular Disease Get Laser Lipo?

My mom is a doctor and she thinks she has it, though it hasn't been confirmed yet. She's got the symptoms-brittle thin nails with lines, constantly cold hands/feet. I have the same symptoms and take after her in general. I had three sessions of laser lipo and just now found out it it is contraindicated for people with collagen vascular disease. In addition to that, I booked and pre-paid two more sessions. Should I go through with the next three sessions? I'm not sure what to do.

Laser Liposuction

+1

I would go and see a Dr. who specializes in connective tissue disorders, likely someone in Internal medicine and or Dermatology and let them guide your decision.  Follow their advice as they will be giving you years of experience in the advice.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Should LASER Lipo be done in People with Collagen Vascular Disease

+1

Collagen Vascular Disease is a VERY wide umbrella term intended to cover the MANY auto-immune disease attacking the body such as Lupus, Sjogren's, Scleroferma and many others. In general, depending on the severity of the individual disease, such individuals may have serious healing issues with operations in which the blood supply to the skin is interrupted.

Every physician can draw a panel of blood tests which would easily disclose the vast majority of such diseases. As regards your mother, Hypothyroidism is another diagnosis that needs to be excluded.