Is It Possible to Use Laser Liposuction to Remove Fat from the Face?

I have a thin body and tried everything from exercise/diet to the point where I went too far till my body looks like a skeleton, my face still looks fat. If I pinch my face, around the cheeks, I can feel that it's totally fat compared to pitching someone with a thin face. I know that ordinary liposuction causes skin irregularities but I've heard that laser liposuction can tighten the skin. I wanted to remove just the lower part of the face, i.e. the area between the cheeks and the jaw line.

Laser lipo of jowls and neck works well

+2

You are correct that liposuction of the face can cause some irregularities and laser liposuction can be better, but it is not a guarantee.

Laser liposuction of the chin and jowls typically responds well to laser liposuction and can even be done with you awake.  Above the jaw line (like the cheeck itself), liposuction does not work well and neither does laser liposuction.

Buccal fat removal (removal of the baby fat from inside the mouth) can help improve facial contours and create a more structured appearance to the mid-face region.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Laser Liposuction

+1

There are several options and a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will have to help you make the decision if laser liposuction is the best choice, or a buccal fat pad removal, or even a facelift of some sort.  There are several options to consider and you should have assistance in this decision.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction on the face

+1

laser liposuction may cause irregularities, not just conventional liposuction.  There is less room for error when working on the face.  Some people don't have as much fat as they think but could have a hypertrophic masseter muscle. If your perception of your body made you lose weight dangerously, then it is a concern about the reality of your perception of your facial features.  All liposuction surgical procedures have risk and if you lose too much volume in the face you can develop a sickly and very tired and old appearance!  Many people who were younger and had a buccal fat pad excision to create a more defined cheekbone, now regret in their 50's how old, tired and even sickly they appear and are consulting doctors to revolumize their face with fat injections, Sculptra, Radiesse or other fillers.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Liposuction of the face

+1

Liposuction of the face is done very judiciously and conservatively in patients that are very full. It can lead to premature aging of the face.  I would stick with gentler techniques.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.