Which Laser is Better for Sebaceous Cyst Removal on Forehead.. A CO2 Laser or RF Laser?

Sebaceous Cysts need Surgery not lasers

+1
Sebaceous Cysts need to be removed by surgery and NOT lasers. Lasers will not remove the entire cyst and it will recur.

Cyst Removal from Forehead

+1
Sebaceous cysts must be removed surgically, laser treatment is not an option.  The cyst capsule has to be removed entirely in order to prevent recurrence. Steroid injections or incision/drainage are temporary fixes, which are subject to high recurrence rates.  I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cyst Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. Cyst removal is best done by surgical excision. A laser does not remove a cyst.  I would recommend a consult and treatment under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for best results and safest treatments options.  I hope this helps!

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Sebaceous cyst

+1

A sebaceous cyst is not treated with lasers.  It is best to have it excised or else there is a risk it can get infected.