Which Laser is Better for Sebaceous Cyst Removal on Forehead.. A CO2 Laser or RF Laser?

Laser vs. surgery for sebaceous cyst

+1
Laser treatment is not indicated for removal of sebaceous cysts on any part of the body.  Surgery is the only way to remove them.  It is a minor procedure that is typically done in the clinic under local anesthesia.  The incision could be made in a natural forehead crease for optimal scar camouflage and would likely be smaller than the cyst itself.  Be sure you see a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. I wish you well!

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sebaceous Cysts need Surgery not lasers

+1
Sebaceous Cysts need to be removed by surgery and NOT lasers. Lasers will not remove the entire cyst and it will recur.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Cyst Removal from Forehead

+1
Sebaceous cysts must be removed surgically, laser treatment is not an option.  The cyst capsule has to be removed entirely in order to prevent recurrence. Steroid injections or incision/drainage are temporary fixes, which are subject to high recurrence rates.  I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cyst Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. Cyst removal is best done by surgical excision. A laser does not remove a cyst.  I would recommend a consult and treatment under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for best results and safest treatments options.  I hope this helps!

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Sebaceous cyst

+1

A sebaceous cyst is not treated with lasers.  It is best to have it excised or else there is a risk it can get infected.