Sabaceous Cyst Removal?

I have no insurance and haven't seen a doctor for years. I would like to have a cyst the size of a quarter taken off my right shoulder. It has been there for 6 years and does not hurt. I have some money saved to do this but I would like to know where and how to get the most economical treatment possible. I am a part time employee in fast food living in Seattle. I am 44 years old. -- Wayne.

Cyst removal

+1

A cyst can be typically removed by a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon - it's an office procedure performed under local anesthesia.

Anatoli Freiman, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatology Centre

Toronto Dermatologist

Cyst

+1

Please find yourself a plastic surgeon who will remove it for you in the office under local anesthesia. Your down time will be minimal

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Cyst removal vs. a lipoma removal from the shoulder or arms

+1

A subcutaneous cyst can be removed with a small surgical procedure that removes the cyst in one piece.  Early treatment is preferred or delayed treatment. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cyst Removal

+1

I would suggest seeing a few surgeons who may offer complimentary consultations and then check the diagnosis. If this is a cyst and surgery is recommended this is a very simple procedure done with local anesthesia at a minimal fee. Typically these cysts are sent in for biopsy and this can often be the more expensive portion of the process. With our pathology lab we use in my office they offer a low rate for cash payments so discuss this as well. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD