Is Kenalog Injection Safe for Pregnant Woman?

I am pregnant and had rhinoplasty 6 mons ago but my nose look bigger than my old nose.

Kenalog Injection After Rhinoplasty While Pregnant

It is not a good idea to have steroid injections if you’re pregnant without the approval of your Obstetrician. I think that one should wait until you’re done with your pregnancy. In general, I do not do Kenalog steroid injections except for specific reasons with 1.thick skin, 2. secondary rhinoplasty, or 3. indurated hard tips. This must be done very carefully in a meticulous fashion to prevent skin atrophy problems.

Kenalog Injection Safe for Pregnant Woman

Corticosteroid injections may endanger both mother and fetus and it is always best to check with your obstetrician before embarking on something like this. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Perhaps, but I wouldn't agree to inject a Rhinoplasty patient, with kenalog, that was pregnant post Rhinoplasty.  

Kenalog and pregnancy

It is important that you realize that pregnancy can be the reason why your nose is very swollen.  As far as safety of steroid injections - your should discuss this with your OB/GYN and your PS

Sam Naficy, MD