Does Spironolactone Work for Nose Swelling ?

I m wondering if the use of Spironolactone will help to keep the swelling down after a rhinoplasty done 2 years ago ? one of the side of my nose is swollen, especially when i wake up every morning. I tried Kenalog shots and it had helped but there is still swelling in my nose, what do you think ? Thank you for your futur answers

Nasal Swelling 2 Years Post Rhinoplasty

+2

Two years after your rhinoplasty fullness is more likely secondary to scarring or underlying structural excess rather than swelling. I would like to see the exact location of your swelling and your rhinoplasty operative report to know what was done at that time but more Kenalog injections or a minor revision are probably your best alternatives.

Can spironolactone be used to reduce swelling after rhinoplasty?

+2

Can spironolactone be used to reduce swelling after rhinoplasty? I am not aware of spironolactone being used at any time point after rhinoplasty to reduce swelling. A brief steroid course can be used in the immediate post-operative period to minimize swelling. However, at two years, edema (fluid in the tissues) is usually totally resolved and the shape and any asymmetry is due to the underlying structure of the nose. In many cases at two years following rhinoplasty, a revision procedure is the only option to change the shape of the nose.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for nose swelling

+1

There are a number of options for reducing nose swelling but I am not aware of Spironolactone (in the absence of acne) giving any benefit

Sam Naficy, MD