Ask a doctor

DMSO or Preparation H for Keloid Treatment?

I have a large keloidsd on my chest, face, back, legs, arms, and breasts. They get infected with boils and are very painful. I take meds for the infection. I had the injections, they're very painful. How can I get help for keloid removal? They seem to grow together, there are about a dozen on my face. I am a black female age 40. I heard about DMSO and preparation H. I need help, I want the ones on my face removed ASAP; people look at me and stare. I'm tired of it, please help!

Doctor Answers (1)

Choosing keloid treatment


Most keloids respond to IIT and pulsed dye laser. Some keloids, however, respond better to surgery. See a plastic surgeon to discuss these options for your many keloids.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.