Hydroquinone for Leg Burn Scar?

My leg was burnt 2 months ago. Can I use hydroquinone now, or shall I wait 6 months and then apply it? A friend of mine told me to wait 6 months but I dont see why I should wait that long.

Use It Now

+3

The earlier you use the hydroquinone, the more effective it will work. Hydroquinone will interfere with the production of pigment and may prevent the scar area from darkening. 

You might combine it with a weak steroid and a retinoid  to give it a stronger effect.

Best if luck.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Hydroquinone and non-hydroquinone lightening creams for the skin

+1

My preference for lightening creams includes Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM for pre and post treatment conditioning of the skin.   I would begin treatment immediately.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS