How to Treat Keratosis Pilaris Scars?

I have scars on my upper arms caused by keratosis pilaris and/or acne. They are several dark brown spots. What is the best scar removal method to remove these scars/spots?

Treatment options for keratosis pilaris or KP with SkinKare KP Pads and laser

+1

Keratosis pilaris is a common skin condition characterized by reddish bumps on the back of the arms, or thighs.  The condition cannot be cured, but treatments are available.  I treat patients with a laser and topical products, including SkinKare KP Pads.  Good luck with the treatment for keratosis pilaris or KP. 

Lactic acid is used for kp and can lighten spots

+1

Using a lactic acid lotion like Lac-Hydrin will help to treat the keratosis pilaris and can also lighten the brown spots at the same time. Sun avoidance is crucial to preent the spots from darkening. Some lasers or intense pulsed light treatments may also help to remove the spots and keep acne at bay.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon