How Long Before I See Juvederm Results?

How long does it take to see results from Juvederm?  I just got some in my nasolabial folds and lips, and I can't wait to see how it really is going to look.

You should see results already

+3

With most of the injectables, what you see is what you get. There is some minor swelling and bruising, but for the most part, you should see the results the same day. After a week, most of the swelling should be resolved. Many doctors correctly under fill the areas being treated, with the expectation that you may need further injections. This is not a scam to make more money, but a way to ensure that you are not overdone. Once the filler is put in place, it is very hard if not impossible to remove it. So, it is better to come back for a second injection rather than have to suffer through months of overcorrection.

Juvederm Results

+2

With Juvederm or Restylane you will see immediate results. However, I find that they absorb some water and you will see your final results in 3-5 days. Remember, there can be some trmporary bruising and swelling for a few days.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Waiting for Juvederm results

+2

Hi Lilley,

If anything, the results you would see immediately after injection would perhaps be a bit fuller than the final results because of swelling. The amount of swelling depends on the skill of the practitioner, the area injected and the amount of icing used before and after treatment.

If you've got swelling after your injections, then the "final" results should be seen after about 1 week. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

See Juvederm injection results immediately!

+2

The wonderful thing about many dermal fillers today is that you will see immediate results. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid or sugar that will attract water.

Because of this, you will see some additional swelling or fullness usually within 2-3 days. This usually resolves within the first week following injection. Rare patients may develop significant swelling, but is less likely.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Facial Fillers: Juvederm Results are Immediate

+2

Facial fillers fall into three categories:

• True Facial Fillers that act to fill atrophic tissue: Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane
  • Facial injectables that stimulate cells to produce collagen: Sculptra
  • Facial Injectables that are true fillers and stimulate collagen: Radiesse

Juvederm is composed of hyaluronic acid and is thus characterized as a true facial filler. These products fill areas of atrophy and results are immediate.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

You will see Juvederm results instantly, with subtle changes in the 1st week

+2

Juvederm is a Hyaluronic Acid (HA) based filler. You will see immediate results after the injection. HA based fillers are hydrophylic, which means they attract water. In the first few days after injection the area typically gets softer and any bruising or swelling resolves.

Occasionally, patients may benefit from additional volume of filler to acheive "optimal correction". I would wait about 2 weeks after injection and if you have any questions about the result then follow up with your doctor.

John E. Gross, MD

Results Noticeable Immediately

+1
With Juvederm and other fillers made from a material called hyaluronic acid, you notice results right away.  You might have a little swelling immediately following the treatment which can cause the face to appear "over corrected".  The lips tend to have the most swelling following treatment.  Over a few days, the product may absorb water, which can also slightly alter the results.  Within 5-7 days, the swelling will have decreased and your final results will be visible.  

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

How long before I see Juvederm results?

+1
The Juvederm results are seen immediately  after the injection. This is not  Botox which takes at least a week to take effect. Expect additional swelling in the first 48 hours after the injection.

Juvederm Results

+1
Juvederm results appear almost immediately, and come with some bruising and swelling. After these side effects subside, it can take up to a week for the product to fully settle in to achieve the desired appearance.

Dr. Sanjiv Kumar MD
San Antonio TX

Sanjiv Kumar, MD
San Antonio Ophthalmologist

See Juvederm Results

+1

The greatest thing about the fillers available today is that, unlike surgery, fillers deliver virtually instant results. If anything, you might look a little swollen for a short time following the injection, but you definitely shouldn’t have to wait a few days to see your wrinkles fill in. If you don’t see any noticeable improvement in your wrinkles very soon after your treatment, you should definitely follow up with your surgeon or injector, as additional filler may be needed. If you seem a little swollen following treatment, give it a few days to settle and then you should see your “real” results.

Joseph J. Castellano, MD
Tampa General Surgeon