How Long Before I See Juvederm Results?

How long does it take to see results from Juvederm?  I just got some in my nasolabial folds and lips, and I can't wait to see how it really is going to look.

Juvederm Results

+3

With Juvederm or Restylane you will see immediate results. However, I find that they absorb some water and you will see your final results in 3-5 days. Remember, there can be some trmporary bruising and swelling for a few days.

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Waiting for Juvederm results

+3

Hi Lilley,

If anything, the results you would see immediately after injection would perhaps be a bit fuller than the final results because of swelling. The amount of swelling depends on the skill of the practitioner, the area injected and the amount of icing used before and after treatment.

If you've got swelling after your injections, then the "final" results should be seen after about 1 week. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

You should see results already

+3

With most of the injectables, what you see is what you get. There is some minor swelling and bruising, but for the most part, you should see the results the same day. After a week, most of the swelling should be resolved. Many doctors correctly under fill the areas being treated, with the expectation that you may need further injections. This is not a scam to make more money, but a way to ensure that you are not overdone. Once the filler is put in place, it is very hard if not impossible to remove it. So, it is better to come back for a second injection rather than have to suffer through months of overcorrection.

David Shafer, MD

Immediately see Juvederm results

+2
With Juvederm or Restylane you will see immediate results. If anything, the results you would see immediately after injection would perhaps be a bit fuller than the final results because of swelling. Swelling can be multi factorial: a patient individual response, the skill of the practitioner, the area injected, the type of filler used, if a cannula (blunt type of needle) is utilized and the amount of icing used before and after treatment. Remember, there can be some temporary bruising for a few days. I find that all and all you typically will see your final results in 3-5 days.

David J. Myers, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

How Long Before I See Juvederm Results?

+2
After the injection of Juvederm you should see the results immediately. Unlike the filler Sculptra that stimulates the body to make its own collagen, a hyaluronic acid filler like Juvederm immediately provides results. If, at the time of injection, you don't achieve your expected result, express your concern to your injector. It is most likely that an insufficient amount was injected and you need more.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

See Juvederm injection results immediately!

+2

The wonderful thing about many dermal fillers today is that you will see immediate results. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid or sugar that will attract water.

Because of this, you will see some additional swelling or fullness usually within 2-3 days. This usually resolves within the first week following injection. Rare patients may develop significant swelling, but is less likely.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Facial Fillers: Juvederm Results are Immediate

+2

Facial fillers fall into three categories:

• True Facial Fillers that act to fill atrophic tissue: Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane
  • Facial injectables that stimulate cells to produce collagen: Sculptra
  • Facial Injectables that are true fillers and stimulate collagen: Radiesse

Juvederm is composed of hyaluronic acid and is thus characterized as a true facial filler. These products fill areas of atrophy and results are immediate.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

You will see Juvederm results instantly, with subtle changes in the 1st week

+2

Juvederm is a Hyaluronic Acid (HA) based filler. You will see immediate results after the injection. HA based fillers are hydrophylic, which means they attract water. In the first few days after injection the area typically gets softer and any bruising or swelling resolves.

Occasionally, patients may benefit from additional volume of filler to acheive "optimal correction". I would wait about 2 weeks after injection and if you have any questions about the result then follow up with your doctor.

John E. Gross, MD

Juvederm Results

+1
With Juvederm your results are seen immediately.  You will however find some swelling and potential bruising after your injection with final results occuring in 3-5 days.

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Immediate results

+1
You should see the results from Juvederm injection in the nasolabial folds immediately.  Intact I often show the patient how the injected side looks compared to the untreated side in the middle of the procedure.  If you don't see the results after the procedure, it was probably not injected very well.  Make sure that the person injecting the Juvederm is a board certified plastic surgeon. Nurse injectors just do not have enough skill, training, education, or expertise to inject fillers.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon