How Long Before Juvederm "Sets" and Won't Migrate from Injection Site?

Just had juvederm injection to fix the hollowness in my tear through area 2 days ago.  I was told not to press on the area of injection as I might move the gel to areas where it shouldn't be. How many days does it take before the gel sets in? Any other after-care instructions I need to know?

+1

Juvederm should, IMHO, always be massaged by the MD, molded and feathered as should all fillers injected within the tissues.  This massaging, immediately, after injection helps decrease the likelihood of lumps and bumps.  The material is set within 2 days, or so and should not require additional massaging in most cases.

Juvederm setting time

+1

Juvederm typically sets in 48 hours. After that time it becomes very difficult to mold. You can ice for 10 minutes of every hour to help with swelling. (A bag of frozen peas is good to use for this because it contours to the shape of the eye). No other aftercare is really necessary.

Kavita Mariwalla, MD
New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm setting time

+1

When I inject Juvederm , I usually mold it with my fingers to minimize lumps and bumps.  I tell my patients that as the immediate swelling goes down if they see it a bit lumpy, then they can massage it to improve the contour, but this can really only be done in the first few days after the procedure.