Not Enough Juvederm in Chin Crease?

I had Juvederm injected into a small deep crease between lower lip & chin 5 days ago. I see no difference in the chin crease. Should I have skipped the injection in the chin crease or have more Juvederm injected? Thank you.

Chin crease and juvederm

+1

If you feel that the chin crease was not adequately treated, you can certainly have more injected if your treating doctor feels that it will have an effect.

Juvederm or Restylane in the crease between the lower lip and chin

+1

The labiomental crease, between the lower lip and chin, can be a narrow but deep crevace anchored to the deep tissue. Sometimes filler injected under the crease might spread to the tissue on the sides of the crease, thereby making that skin more puffy and making the crease more noticable because of the height difference in the crease and the adjacent elevation.  Subcision may be done to loosen the crease from the underlying attachment immediately prior to the injection of the filler, and even with that, the crease may not fill enough. Sometimes we just have to  say we've done our best but the anatomy won't allow us to provide the result we're seaking. Lasers don't even help that much for those stubborn creases.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm Injection of Horizontal Chin Crease

+1

Hi Anon,

The horizontal chin crease is sometimes a difficult area to fill.  Check back with your injecting physician.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Lip chin crease

+1

Discuss the options with your plastic surgeon.If the crease is very deep it may need to be released from the underlying tissue the at the same time injected with fat or filler. If the crease is well stuck then what ever you inject will go around the crease and not under the crease