What is the Best Dermal Filler for Chin/jaw Augmentation?

I have been considering a chin/jaw augmentation and wanted to know what are the best/longest lasting fillers to use. Also can all the dermal fillers be applied thru a microdroplet technique(like silikon 1000), or are some fillers less precise and have to be applied a different way, thanks

Fillers for chin or jaw augmentation

+2

To some degree I would correct your terminology and state that you really need a subcutaneous filler rather than dermal filler. That is being technical. However, it means that you would benefit more from fillers that are intended for deeper injections. In my opinion Silikon is generally not ideal for this purpose. At this point in time I prefer Radiesse but I do use Restylane and sometimes fat for longterm correction

Fillers can be used to augment the Jaws but implants are longer lasting and more effective

+1

If you desire for augmentation is more subtle than fillers could be a good option but fat injections could be a more longer lasting option for you to consider.  Even more longer lasting are jaw implants with a jaw augmentation procedure. You can learn more about this procedure in the video below:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin/jaw augmentation with fillers

+1

Augmentation of soft tissue defects around the jaw line can be easily accomplished with facial fillers like juvedern, restylane, perlane, fat, and radiesse. I am not a big fan of silicone because it can lead to long term problems such as granulomas. A more permanent result may be accomplished with a chin implant or even a sliding genioplasty.

Chin augmentation with a filler

+1

First of all, there is no substitute for a chin implant. It is permenant and in the long run, less expensive. However if you wnated to start with a filler, I would use radiesse or sculptra to start with. Both are transient and will be gone by 12 to 18 months.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS