Possible to Use Filler in Chin Indentation and to Get Lip Curl?

During a recent consult, it was suggested I get filler in a chin indention to soften it. I've never heard of this. Can this be done to look natural and not change my face dramatically. Also, I'd like my upper lip to curl up slightly, not to enlarge. Where should the injection be placed? Thanks!

Lip augmentation and chin indentation

+1

Fillers are a great way to fill in chin indentations and great for lip augmentation.  Juvederm or any one of the hyaluronic fillers work great.

You appear to be a good candidate for Lip Augmentation with Injectable Fillers.

+1

I read your concern, and I think you want the pink of your upper lip to roll out.  You might benefit from a conservative Injectable Filler treatment to your lips. I almost always inject both the upper AND lower lips, since filler in the upper lip alone can sometimes look unattractive. If you want your upper lip to "curl up", the amount of pink lip you see will enlarge. I prefer Injectable Fillers to lip-lift surgery, or V-Y advancement surgery.

Injectable Filler treatments to the horizontal crease above your chin must be performed conservatively and cautiously. It's easy to overcorrect this area which could lead to visible filler.

For both of your concerns, I prefer to use Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon