Can Invisalign Work with Crooked Canine Teeth?

Both of my canine teeth are out of place. They are higher than my other teeth. Can invisalign work with fixing this?

Think like plastic... feel like a tooth

+1

This is the way to think about movements with aligners.  The aligner is a piece of plasitc that doesn't really have the ability to grip a tooth and pull on it.  A tooth that is higher up will require something to help pull it down (where as pushing it up is much easier).  Therefore, the use of elastics, attachments, and partial brackets with wire may be required to help the aligners move your teeth into place.  Good luck!

Toronto Orthodontist

Invisalign for crooked Canine Teeth

+1

Yes, it will work. Depending on the amount of crowding it may take longer or shorter time to \wear the alignments.

Thanks,

Dr. Barba

Antoaneta Barba, DDS
Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Yes Invisalign can fix canine teeth but...

+1

They may need to have a little button placed on them and then a clear elastic placed down onto the aligner to pull them down into place. Sounds complicated but its really not. My patients have done it found it very easy to manage.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

It is possible, but approach cautiously

+1

Invisalign is a great system for moving misaligned teeth.  But some movements we intend for it to accomplish are more predictable than others.  Moving teeth vertically and rotating canine teeth are two of the least predictable types of movements.  With an experienced provider and certain modification it is possible, but a bit of a risk considering the expense.

I recommend visiting an orthodontist with experience in Invisalign.  They can let you know if it is a good option considering your canines as well as addressing other bite issues.  And they likely have other alternatives that may be more effective.

Good luck,

Dr. Depew

Doug Depew, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

Invisalign moves canines.

+1

Invisalign can work. Many factors will effect the sucess of your treatment such as the amount of crowding of your other teeth and your bite. If the teeth are too far out of line for Invisalign to engage some minor movement with some braces can move these teeth into an area where Invisalign could correct them. The most difficult movement with Invisalign is rotating canine especially lower ones and frequently requires a few braces for a few weeks to align them.

Good luck with your treatment and if Invisalign is not right for you there are still esthetic brackets such as Damon braces which are completely clear.

Samie Thabet, MD
Germantown Orthodontist