I have an average overbite, weak chin, and long nose. Am I an Ideal Candidate for Rhinoplasty/chin Implant?

I booked a private consulation with an orthodontist, they said I have an average overbite, and apprently this isnt something that needs correcting. I am getting braces however to fix a cross bite, but I never noticed my profile view until recently, and im really shocked by it, my nose seems to have grown, its only 4.5cm but it sticks out equal to the length almost, and I dont know if I have a weak chin, it is just small, im 22 will it grow anymore? I feel I look really young from the side

Would changing your chin and nose make you happy

+3

I have looked at your photographs and don't see any obvious proportionality issues in your face.  Your chin is a touch on the weak side and your nose is a touch broad.  If subtle changes to these organs would satisfy you, then it is worth considering.  However, from what you have written, it doesn't sound to me like you have any great conviction on these issues and I therefore doubt you would be happier if you did the surgery.  I suggest you visit with a couple surgeons and then let the issue rest for a few months.  Then come back to it and see how you feel.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't rush into anything

+2

Every individual can see in themselves something they consider something less than perfect. However, no individual is perfect. Your pictures do not demonstrate a seriously weak chin and your nose is within normal limits of aesthetic considerations. Could you have surgery and alter things? Of course, but the real issue is...will it make enough difference to you...

I would think long and hard before committing to surgery.

Phillip Langsdon, MD
Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can chin implant help a weak chin?

+1

These procedures can be done together. A chin implant is best suited for someone who need more horizontal chin point rather than vertical. Also, your teeth should be in good occlusion. Consult with a plastic surgeon and you will get more specific details.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Chin Implant

+1

Your photos are very limited

Better photos would offer more information

Based on the photos supplied it is not possible to determine whether you would benefit from a chin augmentation

Suggest speaking with your surgeon about possible techniques to simulate the effects of a chin implant

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes you are a candidate for a chin implant and tip plasty.

+1

From your photos you would appear to be a good candidate for a Chin Implant and a Tip-plasty to reduce the width of the nasal tip and lessen the nostril flare.  IMHO, you might start out with the Chin Implant and see if your face grows into your nose in the next 5-7 years.