Chin Implant Rejection

Hello, I had a rhinoplasty and a chin implant procedure in 1999. I had to have the chin implant removed three weeks post-op due to rejection. It's obviously been several years now, and I would still like to do something about my "weak" chin. I'm not sure what type of material was used for that procedure, but I'm curious if different implant options are now available, or if a surgeon would even recommend trying it again since I rejected an implant the first time around. Thank you.

Chin Implant Rejection

Although possible, it is extremely unlikely you actually rejected the previous chin implant if silicone was used. If you saw me in consultation at this time I would recommend placement of another implant. Another alternative would be the augmentation of your chin with fat or a filler such as Radiesse which would last about 1 1/2 years.