I'm 22 yrs old and have a weak chin. Am I an Ideal Candidate for Rhinoplasty/Chin Implant?

I booked a private consulation with an orthodontist, they said I have an average overbite, and apprently this isnt something that needs correcting. I am getting braces however to fix a cross bite, but I never noticed my profile view until recently, and im really shocked by it, my nose seems to have grown, its only 4.5cm but it sticks out equal to the length almost, and I dont know if I have a weak chin, it is just small, im 22 will it grow anymore? I feel I look really young from the side.

Am I an Ideal Candidate for Rhinoplasty/Chin Implant?

+2

Dear MrAverageOverBite11

From the pictures you submitted you have a short and over-rotated nose with a deep nasion (the junction between the forehead and the nose). So technically, if a rhinoplasty would be done I would suggesting augmenting the nasion and de-rotating the nasal tip (bring it down).

However, I believe your nose looks good for your face and its  part of your appearance. So whether a rhinoplasty is needed or not, it is a matter of personal taste. Be mindful that a standard rhinoplasty may cause your tip to rotate more and give it a shorter appearance. I would consult with a nose specialist in your area.

Michel Siegel, MD

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant or rhinoplasty

+1

You could consider a chin implant if you are looking for more projection of your chin. A careful preoperative assessment to gauge what level of change you like is vital. I find that computer morphing greatly enhances this part of the consultation.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty or chin implant

+1

A retrusive chin is best treated with a small chin implant, which is placed through a submental incision and on to the bone.  It is positioned underneath the periosteum of the bone and underneath the skin and muscle.  Since it is made of silastic and tapered in shape, it is not palpable.  

Am I a candidate for a Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, from your profile....your chin should meet an imaginary vertical line drawn down from your lower lip.  I place the Chin Implants through a small incision, under the chin, to avoid problems with the Mentalis muscle later in life.  You nose could have a smaller, more shapely nasal tip which can be accomplished with a closed retrograde tip plasty (not a full Rhinoplasty), which would give you the desired result with a quick recovery time. 

Am I A good Candidate for rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

You should be examined by a board certified plasic surgeon to make the final determination.  However you certainly "look" like you have a very strong lower jaw and a relatively small nose on the pictures.  You should note that most people are not use to their appearance from the side and often are less than enthused about it despite the fact that they may look perfectly good. LAlso you should check with your dentist about your over bite.  Note every overbite means that you have a short lower jaw.  I would recommend that you see more than one plastic surgeon, especially if the first recommends surgery. 

Al Aly, MD

Chin Augmentation as an adjunct to Rhinoplasty or nose surgery

+1

it is not unusual to get a chin augmentation or Geneoplasty at the time of Rhinoplasty, in order to balance the facial proportions, especially in the profile view. lengthening of the chin and advancing it forward will make the nose look less prominent. At the same time reduction of a large nose will make a recessed chin not look so small.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty and chin?

+1

First, it is difficult to tell from the photos what you may benefit from.  Your head is tilted downward in the profile picture and if the picture is rotated, the chin looks OK.  AS for the nose, it is hard to say again.  Things looke relatively in proportion. A consult to discuss your concerns would be necessary and then a review of what and if anything can be done to change what bothers you would need to be discussed. 

Rhinoplasty/Chin Implant

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty and chin implant. The chin implant will make your nose look smaller and improve the definition of your jawline.

Computer Imaging for Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1

To best determine if your facial profile and appearance would benefit by a rhinoplasty and/or a chin augmentation, computer imaging should be done. This would allow you to see the changes that could be achieved and you could then visually see if it is an improvement. Your nose is short and over-rotated and your chin is only mildly deficient at best. It would be valuable for you to see the effects of a rhinoplasty (de-rotation of your nose with some lengthening) and chin augmentation. (different amounts of horizontal increase) The imaging should be done with the rhinoplasty alone and in combination with chin augmentation. When it comes to computer imaging, one picture is really worth a thousand words.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD