I Had/have Scoliosis. Rods Were Inserted when I Was 14., Im Now 33. I Want to Have Liposuction W Fat Grafting to my Buttucks?

Can lower back lipo be done without coming into contact w the rods? I was diagnosed with scoliosis at age 14, had surgery right away and had Harrington rods placed directly down my spine. I am now 33, I had breast silicone implants placed last year with no known problems. I now want to have lower back liposuction and BBL and was wondering if it could be done. Don't know if this is at all possible but I worry that during the suctioning that my spine could be injured or poked? Please help.

Scoliosis and Brazilian butt lift

+1

Brazilian butt lift can definitely be performed in your case.  Make sure you share with your surgeon your history of the rods.  Good luck.

BBL

+1

Previous spine surgery should not effect a brazilian butt lift. Most of the fat is harvested from the abdomen and injected into the buttocks

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt after spin surgery

+1

It shouldn't be a problem.  Make sure you notify your plastic surgeon of your previous surgery and hardware.  The hardware can be avoided by performing liposuction on either side of the hardware.

Dennis Dass, MD

Brazilian Buttlift after Spinal Instrumentation

+1

If there is any question of hardware exposure, then it cannot be performed.  However, in most cases, the Brazilian buttlift would not be contraindicated.  With regard to spine damage, this would not be an issue.

Brazilian Butt Lift and Spine Rods

+1

When performed by a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in liposuction and BBLs, this should not be a problem.  Having spinal hardware is fairly common and this shold not be affected by a BBL procedure. You should consult with an experienced BBL surgeon and speak to them about it. Good luck form NYC.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift, candidate, Scoliosis spinal rods

+1

Typically hardware is placed onto the spinal column bones and covered with muscle to correct scoliosis.

Liposuction is performed in the fat plane superficial to the muscle.

A recent x-ray can be used to detect if there has been any migration of the metal hardward to a more superficial plane.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS