Is It Okay to Ask Two Surgeons to Work on You for Two Different Surgeries at the Same Day in OR?

I cant find a surgeon who is good at both and when i find such a doctor He is beyond my lead unaffordable !! Is it okay to ask two surgeons to work together at the same day : one for Breast lifting and one for BBL ? Is it bad thing to ask for that ? Atleast both will give me their 100%

Having 2 surgeons operate on you

+2

I agree that a good BBL surgeon should also be able to do a good breast lift. Regardless, you should be able to find a surgeon who can recommend a colleague who can operate on you at the same time. It may be difficult to coordinate 2 surgeons with 2 busy schedules, and this will certainly increase your costs.

Not good idea

+1

I would say, you could find a good BBL surgeon and a good Breast surgeon on the same Surgeon. Its going to cost you less nad the follow up should be much easier for you.

Good luck

Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD

Having Two Different Surgeons Work Together

+1

If you have two surgeons that know each other well and can work together there is no reason why this cannot happen.  It will require some work to coordinate on your part.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Multiple surgeries on the same day

+1

Brazilian butt lift and breast lift are both rather expensive surgeries due to the amount of time required to perform the surgeries well.  Sounds like you have found surgeons that are technically good at both, and yes together it will likely be expensive.  I think you will find it difficult to coordinate two different surgeons, unless they are from the same practice.

Dennis Dass, MD

Surgery

+1

I am sure that you will be able to find a surgeon who can do the BBL and breast lift. I am not so sure you want them both done at the same time

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Two Differernt Docs/Two Different Procedures

+1

No this is not an unreasonable request.  It will be easier if the doctors work in the same group.  It would be slightly more difficult to organize if the doctors work in different practices.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Brazilian Butt Lift, Breast Lift

+1

Many more surgeons are proficient at a breast lift than the Brazilian Butt Lift.

It should not be difficult to find a surgeon that is good at both.

If you are comfortable with a surgeon that you have found for one of the procedures it may be reasonable to perform the other at a different setting.

As has been stated it would be difficult to perform these two procedures at the same time; operating time will not be saved.

Many surgeons perform these procedures in their own facility, two facility fees may not be incurred.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Two Surgeons for Breast Lift and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

There are many surgeons who can perform the breast lift and the Brazilian buttlift at the same time and give great results.  The same surgeon could likely give you a break on the surgeon fees as well. 

2 different surgeons for breast and BBL

+1

While it is not unreasonable to seek out different surgeons for different procedures, logistically it will be quite difficult to coordinate. For the 2 procedures you are looking for, they cannot be done simultaneously, and so whoever goes second will not know exactly when they will be able to start-- and scheduling becomes difficult for them. A much better solution to your problem is to simply break this down into having 2 separate procedures done on different days. There is no advantage to trying to get all this done at one time, and in fact the extra OR time of a combined procedure (I assume you will be under a general anesthetic) will increase the chances of complications if you try to do this all at once. You can have one smaller procedure, recover, and then schedule your second procedure when it is convenient for everyone. Good luck.

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

I understand your problem, because I am a Board certified Plastic Surgeon, and I do not do BBL. Just because a surgeon is board certified, does not mean he does every procedure, and in fact it might be better to find someone who is semi specialized in the procedure you want. If you can find a surgeon that does BBL, then he is probably capable of doing a mastopexy, but the reverse may not be true.

There is nothing wrong with two separate procedures if you cannot make arrangements to get them done at the same time.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon