I Had a Flank & Butt Lift & my "Butt Fell" and my Flanks Are Bigger then They Were?

I had surgery 9 weeks ago my PS determined that that my surgery was not successful & he would have to go back & redo the surgery. He said my butt fell & I agree. I have saddle bags instead of butt checks now. My flank area is bigger then what was & I have an indentation in between my flanks & butt. Does anyone know what could have caused this & how to prevent it from happening again? I rested as I was told for the the first 3 weeks & did not start excercising again until week 7.

Post Flank & Butt Lift Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question. Not every surgery results in ideal outcomes. About 33% is the Plastic Surgeon, 33% is your care at home, following instructions, and 33% is Mother Nature, your genetics, and what nature will do. We have no control over this factor, and thus, occasionally an enhancement or revision is necessary. Allow your surgeon to present the plan, and then you can decide if the decision is right for you. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Revisional Cosmetic Surgery

+1

So sorry to here about your unfavorable outcome. May I suggest you give yourself some time to recover. At your next visit consider asking your surgeon for your operative report. Then, seek out a second option on what happened. I recommend a member of the ASAPS. They are experts in revisional cosmetic surgery. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Poor Results

+1

Dear cc526,

It is VERY difficult to address your issues without any pictures.  Please post pictures so that we can help you.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Post-op Buttock Lift result

+1

A photo would possibly provide some insight but I think it is best to continue follow up with your operating plastic surgeon until you can get a hands on second opinion.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Posterior Lift, Buttlift, and Thigh Lift

+1

If the SFS, one of the deeper layers supporting the skin and fat, is not supported during the surgery or if that support is not sustained, then it is possible for the tissues to fall.  In addition, more skin and tissue may need to be taken or the retaining elements may need to be better freed.