Can a Butt Lift Be Performed by Cutting the Buttocks from Underneath in Order to Shorten Them?

I would like to know if it is possible to cut off the droopy skin underneath the buttocks instead of placing the scar above it. or if it is possible to place the scars between the cheeks? please let me know.

Incision Site Recommendation For Buttocks Lift

+2

Dear SVETKA_MILA,

To be able to precisely answer your question, the doctors need to have photos to determine exactly where the laxity and excess tissues are in your buttocks.  Not every incision will work for all issues involving the buttocks which why each case needs to be customized for the individual patient's needs.  This is why I would recommend you resend your question with photos so we can give you a better answer.

Look forward to addressing your question soon.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Butt Lift through an infra-gluteal scar?

+2

Yes, that's the way we did them 40 years ago but changed because it flattens the buttocks. It's much better to have the scar across the upper central buttocks so it's hidden in a bikini and the part that would be removed can be rolled up and saved as an auto-implant to give better fullness. 

Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Iift

+2

Over the years many incisions has been advocated for buttock lift. In the buttock crease as you mentioned, obliquely across th buttocks and lately on the upper part of the buttocks.

It can be done, it all depend on where you want your scar to be, and which one can be easily covered with your swim suit.

Butt Lift Approach Techniques

+1

Thank you for your question. There are several approaches, and your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is best qualified to help you with after a thorough evaluation. This is not an easy area to get right so the best choice needs to be made. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Scar in the Gluteal Fold Buttlift

+1

Performing a buttlift by placing the scar in the gluteal fold tends to obliterate the fold and the scars can be painful or cause distortion.   It is not a true lift either.  It will not help the top or middle of the buttocks.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Buttlift Los Angeles, CA