Chin Liposuction Recovery

Is there a way to have minor liposuction on my chin with a fast recovery time?  I'm a busy guy, so I don't have time to hand around waiting for a cosmetic procedure to heal, so if there is a way to recover faster than average that would be best.

Secrets to a Fast Recovery from Liposuction to face, chin or neck

+5

Secrets for a fast recovery time from chin liposuction include the following recommendations in my practice: 

1. Head elevation at all times - I recommend a minimum of 30 degrees elevation and suggest they sleep in a  a recliner chair if  available
2. Stay away from supplements and medicines if you are able that cause bruising.
These include NSAID's like asprin, ibuprofen, and naprosyn, blood thinners and so on.
The list for supplements to stay away from is huge - we generally give out a list of the most common 200 supplements to avoid  (e.g. Fish Oil, alpha omega 3 fats, Vitamin E, etc)
3.  Normal or Low-Normal Blood Pressure. - If you are blessed with this great, otherwise make sure your BP is well controlled - I typically prescribe a Clonidine patch unless you have low blood pressure
4. No early lifting or bending down
5. Icing as directed by your MD during the first 3 days                                                6. Low Salt Diet

Chin liposuction recovery

+4

Chin liposuction, if you are a good candidate for it, has minimal pain involved in the recovery. I ask patients to wear a chin strap night and day for 7 days and at night after that for another week or two. There can be some bruising for 2 weeks and you should avoid exercise for 2 weeks. Many men grow a bread during the recovery to hide the bruising and when they shave it off, the public is more aware of the change from that than from thinking they had surgery. They just look younger and like they lost weight.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Chin Liposuction Recovery

+3
The recovery for chin ;liposuction is not an extended recovery. Many people can be back to many normal activities within a week. A chin strap does need to be worn around the clock for at least one week. But, it can be removed for an hour lingo meeting, a trip to the supermarket, etc.

Much of the recovery will depend on the precision of your surgeon so do your research. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Quick recovery for facial liposuction

+3

One of the most important things to consider when thinking about recovery, is to plan for success. Avoid aspirin, advil, motrin, etc for two weeks. There are several pages of things from herbal products to vitamins to avoid as well, since many will thin the blood and cause more bruising.

When doctors refer to liposuction, it may or may not include a platysmaplasty. This is removal of the deep fat and tightening of the muscles. The addition of this procedure may create a longer recovery as far as restriction of activities, but the final result may be much better than simple lipo.

It is very important to wear a support sling for the first week as much as you can. After the first week sleeping in it as much as possible will help to push the swelling out as you sleep.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction in this area heals very quickly and can be done under local anesthesia.

+2

I usually perform my cosmetic procedures on a Thursday so by the Monday following you should be ready to return to your normal activities.  For the first five days you would have to wear a compression garment  and then just at night time for another week.  The bruising can be minimal if you take arnica before and after surgery.  Make sure that you are not any blood thinner two weeks prior to surgery.

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC

Chin liposuction recovery time

+2

If you are seriously considering cosmetic surgery you need to put yourself in the best possible position to get the best outcome. This means that you need to plan out the appropriate recovery time to ensure that you get the best results. Chin liposuction is a relatively non-invasive procedure that can be performed in the office in about an hour and you go home the same day. Everybody heals at their own unique pace but generally speaking I would give yourself at least 3-5 days off of work depending on the type of work that you do. If you have a very strenuous job you may need more time off. I like to have my patients wear a compression garment around the clock for the first three days following surgery and then about 12 hours per day for the next two weeks. Swelling and bruising usually usually takes a couple of weeks to resolve and you may feel firmness under your chin for a couple of months although it is not usually visible. Good luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

Quick recovery after chin liposuction.

+2

Typically, I do this procedure under local anesthetic.  If needed, I prescribe some oral Valium taken about one hour before the surgery to take the edge off.  If we do this on a Friday, most patients are back in the office by Monday. As for the chin strap, by Monday, I will ask you just to wear it at night for another week. 

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Time After Submental Liposuction

+2

Thanks for the question. Submental liposuction typically has a short recovery period. In our San Francisco office we perform it as an outpatient procedure. We ask patients to wear a compression garment for several weeks and there can be some bruising and swelling that may last about 2 weeks. I hope this helps.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Recovery Following Chin Liposuction: Take 1 Week Off

+1

Chin liposuction recovery varies from patient to patient and depends on a variety of factors.  We generally recommend that patients take a week off from work following this procedure because of swelling and bruising.  The majority of patients feel good in about 24 to 48 hours, but may not feel presentable for at least a week.  Patients are able to resume most activities in about one to two weeks, but heavy lifting and strenuous activities should be avoided for at least 4 to 6 weeks following surgery.

In the post-operative period compression garments head elevation and low salt diets can minimize swelling.  It’s also important to avoid heavy lifting and other activities that might elevate blood pressure and cause bleeding. In addition, it’s also important to avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Motrin and other drugs that can cause bleeding.  When these steps are taken bruising and swelling are minimized and recovery periods tend to be shorter.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction of neck has a quick recovery

+1
Tumescent liposuction of the neck generally has a very brief recovery. I recommend to my patients to take just a couple of days off from work after the procedure.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS