How Much Does Neck Liposuction Cost?

How much does neck liposuction cost?

+4
The price of neck liposuction will depend upon the time required for the surgery.  For many people this can be the most significant change one can make for a relatively small amount of money.
Neck liposuction might be a small procedure, but checking the credentials of your plastic survey and facility are still very important.

Precision, expertise and patience is required to get the best results from chin liposuction. 

Liposuction, as you may have heard in the popular media, is the most commonly performed surgical procedure each year in the United States. Here's a statistic that you may not have heard: the majority of physicians performing liposuction in the United States are not plastic surgeons; in fact, many do not have any formal surgical training whatsoever. It seems hard to believe, but many physicians performing liposuction have had no more training in liposuction than a 'weekend course'. One way to determine whether or not a physician has had appropriate training in a particular surgery is to confirm that they have hospital privileges for that procedure, and that the procedure is being performed in an accredited facility.  I would not be surproised to learn that these physicians will have lower prices and perhaps set prices for surgery

I fear that some practitioners view liposuction as a 'simple' surgery, since it does not involve making large incisions, and it requires little, if any, suturing. Nothing could be further from the truth. Liposuction, in my mind, is a very challenging and rewarding operation that requires careful planning and preparation, and a great deal of care and finesse when it is actually performed. It requires a three-dimensional understanding of the layers of human anatomy, an understanding that is second nature to a surgeon alone. I think that it is often an inadequate understanding of anatomy (and, perhaps, of the body's response to surgery) which leads to the poor results in liposuction that unfortunately are so often seen.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction under local anesthesia cost $1800.

+3

There might be slight variation in price if something unexpected is discovered during consultation, but for those who can tolerate a bit of discomfort, $1800 buys neck liposuction under local anesthesia.

Chin Liposuction

+2

The cost of plastic surgery varies depending on geographic location and the expertise of the surgeon.  The fee for chin liposuction depends on the extent and complexity of the work. It generally ranges between $1000 to $4000.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cost of liposuction under the chin: $1200

+2

I generally perform submental (under the chin) liposuction through a single 3 mm (one-eighth inch) incision beneath the chin under local anesthesia with laughing gas (nitrous oxide). The procedure usually takes about 45 minutes and costs $1200 in most patients.

Ronald Friedman, MD

Neck lipo cost depends on amount of work needed

+2

Some patients have a small amount of fat while others can have a huge quantity. Obviously the cost will be different. The range will vary by the skill of the surgeon as well. The cost should normally be $2000-$4000.

Chin Liposuction in Midwestern, US: $1000-$1500

+1

Chin liposuction costs vary and are dependent upon multiple factors.  These include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, location of the liposuction procedure and the type of liposuction performed.  The approach to liposuction varies from physician to physician.  Some surgeons use general anesthesia, some use a hospital, and some use techniques that involve expensive technology.  Each of these variables can affect the cost of chin liposuction.

Obtaining liposuction fee quotes on the telephone or internet can be confusing.  Therefore, it’s important to meet with a physician and know exactly what he or she is talking about.  Make sure you’re not talking apples and oranges and that you’re getting a fee quote for a comparable procedure.

In the Midwestern United States, chin liposuction fees range from $1000 to $1500. This would typically include the surgeons fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges and after care.

Cost is obviously important, but it’s also important to be comfortable with the surgeon’s qualifications and experience.  Make sure you get all your questions answered and are comfortable with your surgeon.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction can be done using tumescent technique while patients are awake

+1
Tumescent technique is an ideal way to perform liposuction of the neck. The technique is substantially less expensive then liposuction done under general anesthesia or IV sedation.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Much does neck liposuction cost

+1
 The cost of liposuction is variable from different offices but is generally determined by 3 factors: Surgeons fee, anesthesia fee( if any general anesthesia as needed) and operating room fee.
 Neck liposuction is also cheaper than a neck lift. Patient's undergone neck lift when there is  sub-platysmal fat present which cannot be removed with neck liposuction. A platysma plasty is also performed simultaneously.
 For many examples of neck lift in our practice and  our price list, please see the link below

Cost of Neck Liposuction in Atlanta

+1
The cost of surgery shouldn't be your only concern when choosing a plastic surgeon for your procedure.  Determine his experience, training, reputation, before and after photos, and revision rate.  In Atlanta, chin liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia or under sedation.  Though local anesthesia sounds like a good idea, it has to be injected into the skin from ear to ear all the way across the neck which can be several needle sticks.  The procedure takes 15 minutes under sedation and I think this would be a much more comfortable procedure.  In Atlanta, chin liposuction with sedation ranges from $2000-$4000.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much does chin liposuction cost?

+1

afternoon tmonkey,

the answer is is that it is variable. However in my office if it is truly just chin liposuction then the cost is approximately $3000. In our office that's with the added benefit of laser assisted liposuction in the form of SlimLipo. I've used Smartlipo as well as traditional liposuction by itself in my impression is that SlimLipo offers the best results in the chin, jaw line, neck area.I perform these procedures under local anesthesia with very nice results in very little downtime for the patients. If you choose to undergo a procedure like this under sedation or even general anesthesia you may find your costs increasing as much as $2500.  adding a chin implant to the procedure will improve the look dramatically and has an added cost of around $2200

Best of luck and thank you for your inquiry

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon