Butt Injection Options For Petite Woman?

Butt injections for a petite woman...

+1

Whether to have a Brazilian Butt Lift or Buttock implants is a very common question for people seeking more curves. Both procedures are FDA approved and safe but have completely different approaches. The implant is inserted under general anesthesia and is done as a one time procedures.  A Brazilian butt lift involves liposuction then multiple injections done under general anesthesia. This procedure feels a bit more natural and is done in a gradual fashion so you build up to the perfect desired look. If you feel you don't have enough body fat to be injected, then the implants may be the way to go.  Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon when scheduling surgery.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Injections for Petite person

+1

If you have fatty tissue elsewhere in your body that you would like to get rid of - liposuction and fat injections is a great option for buttock augmentation.  If you are very petite without excess fat, you will likely require silicone implants.  Both are great options for increasing volume in this area!  Good luck! K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Butt Injections or Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Please stay away from buttock injections.  Only fat should be injected into your buttocks.  I see 2 or 3 women a week who have had the injections and suffer pain, swelling, or infection.  Even if you are small, I have liposuctioned women who are 115 or 120 lbs and had enough fat for transfer to the buttocks.  You will need an exam to determine if this is possible.  Buttock implants are an option if you really have no fat stores whatsover.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with elite credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Buttock augmentation for petite woman

+1

It would be important to have a consultation for evaluation of your structure.  If your expections are reasonable and you do have even a little bit of excess fat, you may be a candidate for fat transfer.  It is possible that you could gain some weight and that would give you a better result.  It is important that you maintain that weight or your buttocks may decrease in size.  A third option would be buttock implants which are very effective but have a much longer healing time.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Buttock Augmentation Options

+1

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help… @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

Injection may not be an option if you have no available fat to harvest.

+1

I would stay away from injection of other substances, such as silicone, because of the potention for serious complications and even death from embolism. If you are slim but have some fat to harvest, usually even a small volume fat injection will make a significant difference.

If there is really nothing, buttock implants are an option and work well. They need to be placed deep, in the muscle or under the muscle fascia at least. You need to find a surgeon experienced with these techniques. 

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon