Ask a doctor

Why Do I Have an Indent on my Upper Right Butt Cheek?

In the past two weeks I've developed an indentation on my right upper butt cheek. It looks similar to a dimple but its not and feels like a hole. What is this? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry I dont have any photos but it looks like a huge dimple but it shouldnt be there.

Doctor Answers 1

Buttock contour problems

                 The most common things that would cause such an indentation would be trauma to the area and subsequent fat necrosis, post steroid injection, or post surgery, which is a kind of trauma. 

                  If the area persists and you want treatment, liposuction from another area and fat grafting to the indented area would be a viable option.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.