My Nose is Crooked to the Side After my Silicone Implant?

im an asian and i had a flat and round nose.... i juz went for a silicone nasal implant and the result came out as swollen and crooked...i did ask the doctor bout the problem but what they told me was becoz of swollen....so i waited for several days till the swollen gets off and they result still the same...crook to the left.... it's obvious that my nose trill is shifted to the left....so should i take it off?? will my nose be back to its original size?? help.... :(

Nose Crooked after Silicone Implant

+2

Wait several months to see if the deviation is temporary because swelling is still present. If this does not resolve the implant can be repositioned.

Nose crooked after implant

+2

It is likely the implant shifted.Have your doctor look at it again. Have him straighten it ..He can easily feel the implant thru the nose skin. No excuses it is a shifted implant.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Crooked nose after implants

+2

If your implant left you with a crooked nose, then it should be removed or adjusted.  You shoudl talk to your surgeon.

Crooked Nose After Nasal Silicone Graft

+1

Hi,

To achieve full results,  a rhinoplasty patient takes should wait about 12 months before being able to assess the end results of the surgery.

That being said, I believe that you should be patient and look forward to the 6 months post-op mark when you will have a "fair" idea of how your nose will look like.

I hope this helps and I am sorry that you are frustrated about your results.

I recommend that you follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and to protect your nose from any possible trauma. 

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Crooked nose after nasal implant.

+1

Crooked nose after nasal implant is corrected by removal of the implant and replacing it or if possible  to straighten it at the same time.

Crooked swollen nose as silicone implant

+1

If your rhinoplasty surgery was recently I would expect there to be a significant amount of skin tissue swelling at this stage. This swelling can be assymetric, but it is also possible that the implant has shifted. If your surgeon feels the problem is from swelling you should probably give your nose more time to heal before considering revision nose surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD