Wavy Nose After Rhynoplasty/septoplasty Common?

I got a rhynoplasty\septoplasty surgery done 3 weeks ago. I know that this is a really short time after surgery and swelling still has a lot of effect but at the sides of my bridge are two little bumps that feel like bone and are on slightly different angles. This causes a wavy kind of look on the profile and semi profile. Should I be worried or is this a common problem at 3 weeks due to swelling or other time related issues? Do I need to get a revision or are there other options available?

Wavy Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

At 3 weeks post-op, it is very early to assess the results of your surgery. Usually, it takes about 12 months for the end results to get established.

Without photos (before/after) and physical examination along with the full details of your surgery, it is hard to provide you with a solid diagnosis of why you do have the described nasal irregularities.

I recommend that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your nasal transformations and to be a little more patient letting mother nature take its course.

As for a revision, I think you may end up with commendable results and so the idea of a corrective surgery will not be even necessary. The best thing you can do at this section of the race is to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and to protect your nose from any possible trauma.

The best of wishes to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Wavy Nose After Rhynoplasty/septoplasty

+1

You are still early in the healing process and may have uneven swelling. Consult your surgeon for further postoperative direction. However, do not try to judge the results until 6 months post surgery.

Wavy Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

I cannot answer your question 3 weeks after surgery. Wait about 6 months to submit pictures that members of this panel can review.

Wavy nose after rhinoplasty

+1

If is possible to have uneven swelling in the area of bone fractures done during rhinoplasty. You should check with your surgeon to see if anything needs to be done about the issue such as massaging the area.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.