Help with Very Round Face & Chipmunk Cheeks? (photo)

Hi Doctors, I've been extremely self-conscious all my life about my fat cheeks despite the rest of my body being thin (female, 5'1", 90 #, 27 years old) I'm not sure what else to do because exercises haven't done it and I'm pretty sure I grew out of "baby fat" a while back. I've heard buccal fat extraction is the best option, but the reviews have been mostly negative. My husband thinks I'm nuts but I am willing to do ANYTHING to finally feel good about my chubby face. Any advice? Thnx!

Face slimming

+2

Although you would benefit from buccal lipectomy your real wideness is from your masseter muscles and can be reduced wit botox a vry eay procedure/

Buccal Fat Pad Removal slims the face

+2

Hello Mcm84,

Sculpting your face and keeping it natural is a complex task especially when considering the buccal fat pad removal.

It is true that such a procedure is not well received by some; however, with the right surgeon who has extensive experience in that field the candidate will enjoy commendable results.

The key is that the buccal fat pad removal should be performed conservatively taking into consideration that with age the atrophy of the fat pad will take place.

According to your photographs, your prominent chin is a great facial feature pushing your facial shape classification more towards the oval than the round.

I am sure that after a consultation with an experienced surgeon you will have the appropriate tools to come up with a well educated decision that will enhance your facial beauty.

Thank you for sharing your photographs.

Best of Luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Buccal fat extraction

+1

Hi thanks for asking this question.  Chubby cheeks is actually a common situation.  Patients who have relatively chubby cheeks may not realize that buccal fat removal a surgical procedure can  significantly slim the face.  The procedure is done under local anesthetic and typically takes  a few minutes a side.  I generally find patients benefit from masseter muscle botox as well as cheek filler for best results.  The botox slims the muscle overlying the jaw bone.  The filler is placed high up on the cheek bones to create a heart shape face, which enhances the result of the buccal fat removal.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon