Am I a Good Candidate for Buccal Fat Removal and Chin Liposuction?

Hi im 21 years old and around 170LBS. I have had a chubby face since i was a young girl and was not worried about it thinking it would go as i grow older, i am very self concious about my oversized cheeks and having bad genetics dosent help as everyone if my family have very large cheeks and facial features. I have before lost weight to see wether my cheeks would go down, however i had no luck and at the moment i have a very round chubby face, ecspecially the lower cheeks and because my cheek bones are very big it makes my face loook even bigger.also i have a double chin which is very noticeable and very unattractive.. i wanted to ask wether i should have the buccal fat removal? because iv had a loook at some of the reveiws and people are saying that you should wait until your alot older. However i no i will always be stuck with a fat face and chubby cheeks because both my parents are over 50 and still have fat faces, especially my mother. could someone please advise on wether buccal fat removal is worth having, and if i was to have liposuction on my chin, which one is the best for facial areas.. and also wether thre is a less aggressive aproach to having suregery i.e non surgical treatment to lessen the volume and fullness in my cheeks and chin?

Buccal Fat Removal supplemented with Submental (chin) liposuction

+2

Hello H,

Thank you for sharing your photographs and I commend you for your thorough description.

Based on the photographs you have included you may be a good candidate for buccal fat pad removal but only a physical examination will be the appropriate way to generate a solid point of view.

Submental (neck) liposuction is a great supplement that will sculpt your jaw line and bring out the natural beauty hidden in your face.

I encourage you to seek a consultation with an extensively experienced surgeon to better guide you through making your decision.

Best of Luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Buccal fat surgery

+1

You are a candidate for buccal fat removal but if you are currently 170 lbs you may not appreciate much improvement in your facial contour

Sam Naficy, MD

Yes you are a good candidate.

+1

You are a good candidtae for buccal fat pad excision to bring in your cheeks as well as laser liposuction (Smart Lipo) of the neck region to contour this area for you. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Goals of Buccal Fat Reduction

+1

Buccal fat reduction decreases the Buccal fat pad in your cheek and therefore the projection of the cheek below the malar bones. The reduction of Buccal fat makes the appearance of the face  more oval. To assess the applicability of the procedure require s good photos  and a physical examination.

Jay M. Pensler, MD