I Have Heavy, Puffy Upper Eyelids. Are the Non-surgical Alternatives to Fix That?

My upper eyelids are very heavy and puffy. It's not because of my age--I was born with these eyes:) I would like to find an alternative solution to the surgery.

Puffy upper eyelids

+2

Your brow position is satisfactory. Puffy upper eyelids are often hereditary and is caused by excess fat. Surgery is the only option but you may not need skin removal, so there is no danger of pulling down your brow. Fat removal will delineate a nice crease and you'll be happy with that. It is a safe and quick procedure in experienced hands. Good luck.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

First there is no substitute for an actual personal consultation.

+2

Dear Nklimovi

Your heavy eyebrow is an important facial feature.  Cutting the upper eyelid skin actually causes the eyebrow to fall and is generally not ideal.  The best nonsurgical option for this is my patented microdroplet BOTOX forehead lift. Follow the link below for more information on this.  This is a nonsurgical forehead lift.  You also have a relatively prominent midcheek groove and midcheek/deep cheek filler would help restore youthfulness to your face.  I agree you do not need surgery at this time.

Full upper lids

+2

Full upper eyelids and brows are a sign of youth.  Upper lid blepharoplasty can help if done conservatively. There are no nonsurgical techniques for that.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non surgical improvement in upper lids

+2

Some individuals do have a fuller, upper lid based on familial facial shape, not aging. Surgery can rejuvenate the aging lid. The lower lid can be improved with fill for some. However, based on your photos, you look fine just the way you are.

peterejohnsonmd

Options for Puffy Eyelids

+1
                  Puffy upper eyelids can occur for a variety of reasons. In the vast majority of cases this problem is related to facial aging. Under these circumstances, puffy eyelids are usually related to excess eyelid skin associated with prominent fat pads. Unfortunately, there are no non-surgical methods available for the removal of eyelid fat. Correction of this problem usually requires blepharoplasty surgery.
                  In other patients, puffy eyelids may be inherited and related to genetic factors. When this occurs, blepharoplasty can be performed, but in most cases is not indicated.
                  Finally, puffy eyelids may be related to neither conditions that effect the upper eyelids secondarily. For example, premature brow descent might cause the eyelids to look puffy. Unfortunately, correction of this problem would also require surgical intervention.
                  Patients with allergies may also develop puffy eyes. Under these circumstances, treatment of the allergies may avoid surgery.
                  Surgery is indicated in the vast majority of patients who have puffy eyelids because of upper eyelid fat. Sometimes eye makeup can help hide this problem, but severe deformities usually require surgery. If you’re concerned about this issue, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical alternative for puffy eyelids

+1

The eyes are the windows to the soul. All too often, however, they seem to reveal exhaustion. The very delicate skin around the eyes tends to get crepey and puffy due to fatigue and stress. While it's difficult to determine without a photo, an effective non-surgical option that might benefit you is Thermage, which can tighten the skin around the eyes. The new and improved Thermage is a virtually painless, non-invasive (no incision!) treatment that can tighten skin and stimulate your body to make healthier collagen—the building block that provides structure to your skin. Fast and easy, Thermage requires no downtime from normal activities.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Puffy upper lids

+1

I am afraid that I do not know of any reliable and safe treatments to debulk a full upper lid. Usually genetically full upper lids are due to subcutaneous fat and not the fat pockets behind the muscle that are usually treated. Removing the fat right below the skin can be risky and can leave an unsmooth appearance.

Julio Garcia, MD

+1

I Have Heavy, Puffy Upper Eyelids. Are the Non-surgical Alternatives to Fix That?  From the picture your eyebrows are low which will add to the upper eyelid fullness.  Sadly, the nonsurgical options are not very effective IMHO and you're better off saving your time, money and effort for when you're ready for a Brow lift and upper eyelid surgery to really make a difference in this issue.

Non surgical eyelid lift

+1

As others have mentioned, a non surgical approach would only be to raise your brows in a higher position with botox to allow foro more show of the platform of the eyelids.  Removing uppereyelid fat is the next step through a standard blepharoplasty approach.  But... be careful what you wish for I do many a reconstructive procedure to restore a more natural youthful face with adding more volume or fat back in.

Robert Schwarcz, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

The Ten Minute Eyelift Works Well for Hooded Upper Lids

+1

The Ten Minute Eyelift, which I developed about six years ago, is a minimally-invasive, minimal downtime procedure for permanently improving hooded upper lids (i.e. those upper lids that drape over the true upper lid and hide it). If this is the problem that you are describing then the Ten Minute Eyelift may be appropriate with or without the addition, if necessary for further correction, of Botox, Dysport or Xeomin and fillers, such as Juvederm UltraXc, to further elevate the brow.

The procedure is quite simple, is performed under local anesthesia, and most people may return to their regular routines within a day or two. I performed the procedure on myself about six years ago and actually took a ten hour international flight the following day. For more details on what the procedure entails and how it is performed, I would suggest you check out the medical library of my website, YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD