Not Happy with my Rhinoplasty - How to Tell the Surgeon?

I had rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago and I am not satisfied with the results. I find that not enough was done. My question is how do I express my dissatisfaction without criticizing/insulting the surgeon’s work. What happens if the surgeon disagrees with my observations of the results. He is happy with the outcome but I am not. Am I entitled to still ask for a revision (covered by him as per his policy) even if he disagrees? Thank you

Tell your surgeon what you don't like about your nose

+2

Hopefully, you had a clear image of what the goal was to be after your procedure, and your surgeon did as well. It may take longer that six weeks to know how things worked out and six months is a better time to begin looking. Talk to your surgeon openly and tell him what you don't like. Computer simulation can clarify the situation and help show what is realistic.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Not Happy with Rhinoplasty 6 Weeks Post-op

+2

Rather than speculate about your surgeon's response, I strongly advise you to share your dissatisfaction with your surgeon. Unfortunately it is difficult for you to evaluate your nose just 6 weeks after surgery. A constructive dialogue will be helpful to both of you.

Unhappy with rhinoplasty results

+1

Revision surgery after rhinoplasty has been estimated at close to 20%. It is very important during your initial consultation to be completely open about your concerns and expectations in order for your plastic surgeon to be able to provide you with the best results. 

Just be open about your concerns that you are unhappy with the results, not accusatory. Your surgeon wants you to be happy. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

I wanted a smaller nose

+1
Always be honest with your surgeon. If you are unhappy, you must tell him why, and explain what you were hoping for. What happens next is between the two of you.

Steve Laverson, MD