Is It Safe to Go Skiing 47 Days After my Rhinoplasty?

Skiing After Rhinoplasty

+1

I usually allow my patients to begin all of their rigorous post operative activities within 4 weeks after rhinoplasty. Skiing is fine and other physical activity. However, please be aware that if you’re skiing at a high altitude one needs to use a saline nasal spray as you can get some post operative bleeding at high altitudes right after rhinoplasty due to the dryness in the air at high altitude.

Is It Safe to Go Skiing After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Hi Adriana. In general, by 6 weeks after rhinoplasty, one may resume full activity including sports and skiing. However, any direct trauma to the nose should be avoided. To be safe, check with your rhinoplasty surgeon who is in the best position to advise you. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.pearsonmd.com/rhinoplasty-surgery.htm

Skiing 47 days after a Rhinoplasty...

+1

Since it has been almost 7 weeks since the surgery, it would be safe to go skiing because the nasal bone has completely healed.  Just remember, even though you have healed from surgery, significant trauma to the nose can still cause severe damage.  I'd make sure to check with your surgeon before making any decisions that could affect the recovery, because there may still be restrictions on certain activities.   

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skiing 7 weeks after rhinoplasty should be safe

+1

At almost 7 weeks following a rhinoplasty, it should be safe for you to go skiing. However, you need to discuss this and clear it first with your surgeon and not because of online recommendations.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Rhinoplasty and skiing

+1

By 6-7 weeks in most cases, things should be pretty well healed. Certainly if you took a fall or hit to the face you could have a problem, but that could happen to anyone. Just discuss it with your doctor. 

+1

Basically it is best to ask your rhinoplasty surgeon, but if you were my patient I would say NO! TO EARLY in recovery. 

Skining after Rhinoplasty procedure

+1

I would avoid skiing so early after rhinoplasty procedure if your nasal bones were broken during the procedure. Its takes about six weeks for the bones to heal and then it is still brittle and could fracture easily!

I would wait about 3-6 months prior to any sport that you may have contact to your nose!

Hope that helped have a great week !

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon