Is It Safe to Go Skiing 47 Days After my Rhinoplasty?

Skiing after rhinoplasty

+1
Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. The amount of downtime varies greatly as well.

Return to work and social activities varies greatly based on the person. Patients tend to feel well within a few days after rhinoplasty although they have the splints in place, may have some swelling, and feel congested. There does not tend to be a lot of pain following rhinoplasty so most patients are able to do light activities like reading, typing, walking, etc. Typically, somewhere between 4-6 weeks, you can return to strenuous activities including intense exercise and even skiing. So 47 days following rhinoplasty should be enough.

You should clarify with your surgeon what restrictions you have and when you can return to normal and strenuous activities.

Skiing After Rhinoplasty

+1

I usually allow my patients to begin all of their rigorous post operative activities within 4 weeks after rhinoplasty. Skiing is fine and other physical activity. However, please be aware that if you’re skiing at a high altitude one needs to use a saline nasal spray as you can get some post operative bleeding at high altitudes right after rhinoplasty due to the dryness in the air at high altitude.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Is It Safe to Go Skiing After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Hi Adriana. In general, by 6 weeks after rhinoplasty, one may resume full activity including sports and skiing. However, any direct trauma to the nose should be avoided. To be safe, check with your rhinoplasty surgeon who is in the best position to advise you. Good luck.

James M. Pearson, MD

Skiing 47 days after a Rhinoplasty...

+1

Since it has been almost 7 weeks since the surgery, it would be safe to go skiing because the nasal bone has completely healed.  Just remember, even though you have healed from surgery, significant trauma to the nose can still cause severe damage.  I'd make sure to check with your surgeon before making any decisions that could affect the recovery, because there may still be restrictions on certain activities.   

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skiing 7 weeks after rhinoplasty should be safe

+1

At almost 7 weeks following a rhinoplasty, it should be safe for you to go skiing. However, you need to discuss this and clear it first with your surgeon and not because of online recommendations.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Rhinoplasty and skiing

+1

By 6-7 weeks in most cases, things should be pretty well healed. Certainly if you took a fall or hit to the face you could have a problem, but that could happen to anyone. Just discuss it with your doctor. 

+1

Basically it is best to ask your rhinoplasty surgeon, but if you were my patient I would say NO! TO EARLY in recovery. 

Skining after Rhinoplasty procedure

+1

I would avoid skiing so early after rhinoplasty procedure if your nasal bones were broken during the procedure. Its takes about six weeks for the bones to heal and then it is still brittle and could fracture easily!

I would wait about 3-6 months prior to any sport that you may have contact to your nose!

Hope that helped have a great week !

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon