5 Days Post-Op Rhinoplasty I have Inflamed Red Throat, is this Postnasal Drip?

I am 5 days PO for my rhinoplasty. The nose discomfort is almost nonexistent. But the sore throat is terrible. At first I thought it was the direct inflammation from traumatic suctioning of blood during surgery. The back of my throat looked like raw hamburger meat. But the throat now looks just slightly inflamed and not disfigured looking. I am starting to think this is now just a postnasal drip. Any ideas? If this is postnasal drip (surgical drainage), how long does this usually last.

Inflamed Red Throat 5 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

All of your  theories are possible explanations of your sore, inflamed throat but I think your discomfort is most likely secondary to the anesthesia tube. Your symptoms will  continue to improve; throat lozenges and saline gargles will help. Consult with your surgeon.

Throat redness

+1

It could be all of the above.  It could have been from the tube, from post-nasal drip, or even strep throat. You may want to get this checked out.

Sore throat after rhinoplasty

+1

Your sore throat after rhinoplasty is likely due to your anesthesia, not nasal drip, and should clear up after several days. Throat lozenges will help you feel better.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Inflammed Throat After Rhinoplasty

+1

Your throat may have been irritated from a breathing tube used in surgery. However, the best thing to do is ask your surgeon to take a look.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Throat

+1

A sore throat after rhinoplasty is not uncommon. You may be able only to breath through your mouth because of internal swelling. Also, if you weree intubated some discomfort will often result

David A. Bray, Sr., MD