5'2, 118lbs, Went B-C cup with 360cc, Would Like 100cc more High Profile. Is This A Good Size?

I'm 5'2 and weigh 118 pounds. I started as a small B cup and got 360 CC moderate profile implants about 5 months ago and I am not happy with my size. I want to switch to 460 CC high profiles since i've read that the best way to provide more fullness would be with about 100 cc's more (currently a 34D at victorias secret but look no more than a C cup). I don't want to look exaggerated or top heavy but want more cleavage. Would this be a good size for what i want?

Increasing implant size following augmentation.

+2

Many women find that after their breast augmentation, they wish they had gone bigger. If the current implants are of a moderate profile but fit your breasts, then switching to higher profile implants makes sense in order to increase size without widening the breast. The compromise with higher profile implants (particularly large implant on a small frame) is that the breasts look less and less like breasts and more like round implants. We use the Mentor sizing system in our office to allow women to see what additional volume would look like and have found that patients really love this system. A 100cc increase in breast size is a significant size increase. To determine if this is the right size for you would require a consultation and exam.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

For high profile breast implants it is important to consider your natural breast structure and the location of the implant

+2

For a petite person like yourself I would caution against placing a large high profile breast implant, especially if is in the plane immediately under the breast.  This is referred to as the subglandular plane.  For many patients this will lead to a harsh transition in the upper portion of the breast, almost like a shelf.  Also over time a large implant in the subglandular plane there may be a significant thinning our of the natural breast tissue which produces a number of irregularities.  This is one of the most common patterns I see in patients who come to me for revisional breast surgery and in some circumstances it can be a real test of the surgeon's skill to return the breast to a natural form.  Under the pectoral muscle the implant is better tolerated but there are limits here as well.  In general it is wise to select an implant in which the base dimension of the implant is not wider than the natural base of the breast.  The best results in breast augmentation surgery occur when there is cooperation, not competition between the implant and the natural breast structure.

John Q. Cook, MD

What is good size for augmentation revision

+2

As a rule you do need an addition of 100 to 150cc to have a visible difference in breast size, and we would suugest that you carefully consider the higher profile. The pressure of the higher implant can procude more thinning and show through, especially in a small person such as yourself. The size is ultimately up to you as only you know what look is best for you.

BEWARE OF HIGH PROFILE IMPLANTS- lower profile in a cold-subfascial plane can achieve natural appearing cleavage

+2

You are probably best getting a lower profile implant in the subfascial plane.  There is an overemphasis in high profile implants that tends to lead to widely spaced breast with little cleavage.  This is only emphasized if dual plane or subpectoral placement is chosen.  I have included a video to help explain.  Your plan of high profile 460 in your frame is likely to prove disasterous.  I hope this helps.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+2

Unfortunately, it is not possible to generalize about breast implant size/profile that would work best for patients in your situation. Good advice would require direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

I would suggest that you aave a full discussion regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Revision augmentation

+1

The only way to offer suggestions as to what would be best for you, would be to undergo a consultation.  Without an exam, it is impossible to say.