What Would You Suggest for Implant Size and How to Fix my Current Breasts with Surgery? (photo)

I'm 5'7" with a athletic body build, weighing 185, and my rib cage measures 34in. This will be my third surgery, as the first 2 were uneven. I want a very fake look with roundness on top. I went under the muscle and have 500cc in RB, 450 LB. I feel like my right breast still is too far into my armpit even though stiches were put in place to keep it from bottoming out. I am very unhappy with my look. What size would you recommend and what should I say to my surgeon to get the rock star look?

Update:

I have Mentor smooth, round, high profile silicone implants (R-500 cc, L-450). My first surgery was in June 2011, with a revision in late July. My 3rd sugery is scheduled with the same doctor in less than 2 weeks. He suggested 700 and 650 respectively. I'm nervous that I still wont get the results that I asked for the first time. Will that size of implant give me the results I'm looking for? Very full, round on top and NO natural look. He is board certified, but how can I get him to understand.

"implanted" look

+1

More often than not, getting the look of obvious implants means going bigger. Also, repositioning the implants subglandularly changes the look considerably. A change in the pocket will also allow a capsular revision that may hold up better over time. Taking the  lateralizing forces of the pectoralis out of the picture can be helpful in the "atheletic" build. One other change could be the switch to a maximally filled saline implant. Remember however, a subglandular saline is more likely to show ripples and feel firmer.

Northborough Plastic Surgeon

Achieving “Rock Star” Look after Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

although it is not possible to give you the device without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, it is likely that some combination of breast implant pocket manipulation  along with larger breasts implants will help you achieve your goals.

I would suggest that you do the following:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "rockstar look” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast Implant Exchange

+1

Without pre-op pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, there is an obvious asymmetry that can be improved.  We would also need more information about your surgery, such as how long ago was it, type of implant, etc.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Fixing Breast Asymmetry

+1

SURGICAL RECOMMENDATION

- right inferomedial capsulotomy

- right lateral capsulorraphy with alloderm sling support

Essentially your right breast capsule has become malpositioned over time and now is sitting more lateral on your chest wall and into the right axillary region.  Releasing the medial inferior capsule and allowing the implant to slide that way while closing out the space laterally towards your axilla should give you the Rock Star look you want.

Joel Shanklin, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon