FUE White Dot Scars - Options to Fix It?

I have terrible fue scarring after 3000 grafts and wonder what I can do about it. 1.Fraxel laser to see if the white dots blend out and golfball surface from where the grafts where taken. 2.Make slit in the white dots and fill with Acell to create new tissue growth. 3.Bodyhair to the scars but that will not make the white dots go away.

FUE does create unfavorable white dot scars

+2
Your experience fortifies what I have believed ever since there has been so much promotion about FUE being "scarless" donor surgery that would allow a shaved head style afterwards. In my opinion , micro pigmentation with the newer superficial techniques developed in the UK might give you the best disguise of the white dots. Since you are in Los Angeles, I might suggest you see Dr. William Rassman who is promoting and performing this procedure. Another option is to wear a longer hair style .

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair Transplants left white spots after FUE

+2

If the white dots are scars from the follicle removal sites, these are not likely to change once the scars are mature..which typically occurs after several months.

FUE and Micro Pigmentation Tattooing

+1

Adding body hair to the dots might help; however, the white may remain. How long has it been since the surgery? If it has persisted beyond two years, you should consider micro pigmentation tattooing. If it is still early, it is always a good idea to wait at least two years since it may improve to your satisfaction in that time period.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

FUE can create white dot scars

+1

Unfortunately you are experiencing one of the unadvertised results of follicular unit extraction. Anytime the skin is cut there will be a scar - no ifs, ands, or buts about it. In the case of strip harvesting this will be a linear scar. In the case of FUE, there will be white dots left behind. These white dots are hypopigmented areas and will never fill back in. You have a couple of options. First is medical tattooing of the area. Second, you can perform a laser resurfacing procedure to lighten the surrounding skin and make the white dots blend better. Third, longer hair will cover the scar. These and a couple of other options are all subject to your particular problem and skin color. I would recommend talking with a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who performs hair transplants to further discuss your options.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon