FUE/Hair Transplant?

Hi, I'm a 25 year old man and it seems baldness runs in my family. I am losing my crown and temples and want the FUE surgery. I also am afraid eventually I will be bald at the back of my head and would like to know if FUE will prevent it. I'm also curious about scarring and if it would be noticeable with short hair? Thanks!

FUE maybe the best answer

+1
FUE is definately a better option than strip surgery. Scars are never noticable even with the short hair. Even if scalp is completely shaved scars are usually not visible (altough potentially you may see some small dots in some cases) Still beats ugly linear scars Check out our before after photos and you can get some answers from my interview with April Rose :-)

Progressive hair loss.

+1

Do not begin with surgery until u know u will have enough hair to finish with a good result. This is the same whether u have transplants or the Fleming-Mayer Flap. 

Crown hair loss

+1

At your age with what you describe without photos, I would presume you will have ongoing hair loss. You could presume that you will be as bald as the baldest man in your family after age 50. Hair transplants by FUE or any other harvesting method will not stop continuing hair loss. Transplants harvested by FUE will avoid a linear scar in the fringe and might allow for a shorter hairstyle. It is important however that the skill of the doctor be such that the quality of the grafts be equal to those that are harvested by the strip method and dissected by experienced technicians. Also be wary about transplanting the crown before transplanting the frontal hairline at your age. You may use up the majority of your good donor hair and not have much to use later when you need it in the front. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE scarring

+1

FUE or any hair transplant does not prevent hair loss, it just covers it up with a permanent natural solution using your own real hairs.   You get no line scar with FUE.  FUE is a harvesting method. The  FUE harvesting method does not involve any scalpel or stitches.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist