When I Can Lift Weights and Run After FUE Hair Transplant?

hi all, 15 days ago I made a FUE HT. The clinic advised me to rest 14 days for lifting weights. It's been a while and I have really wanted to go to the gym, but I read on forums that care must be taken with blood pressure and pulse after a HT, do not know if this is true or not, I made a mess. Most doctors say that after 14 days and you can go to the gym, I'm a fan of deadlifts, press and squats Also I have another question, is I can start taking pills multivitamin omega 3 and 15 after my HT?

Exercise after hair transplant

Two weeks sounds about right for your rather strenuous excercise routine. However it is best to follow the instructions of your surgeon as he/she has all the details of your surgery and any use of ancillary medications that might present problems. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

3324 Webster Street
Oakland, CA 94609

Down time after a hair transplant and recovery

It is best to follow the advice of your FUE hair transplant doctor. It depends on the size of the case and other factors.  It can be 3-14 days before you can engage in such activities. The vitamins and such, should be ok soon after the procedure.  

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

2401 Yale
Houston, TX 77008

Ask your doctor

Most patients can exercise few days after surgery.  Each doctor has their own recommendations.  The correct recommendation for you is what your doctor recommends.  

It is always a good idea to check with your doctor before starting or stopping any medications.  Keep your doctor in the loop.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

5757 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Exercise after FUE

After 3-4 days, short of swimming, you can do any exercise you want, even run a marathon. heaving lifting is ok. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

5757 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Activity after FUE

You should be ok to resume your activities at the gym at 14 days, but you should confirm with your surgeon what their specific instructions are to your case and the size of the transplant.  

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

6655 Travis
Houston, TX 77030