Fractional Laser Comparison of Starlux 2940, Fraxel Repair and SmartXide

Do fractional ablative lasers work the same? More specifically, is SmartXide DOT therapy as good as Fraxel Repair or the Starlux 2940?

Fraxel laser and comparison of lasers

+1

I spent a lot of time investigating the different fractionated lasers before I committed to the Fraxel laser.  Not all lasers are the same and I have seen better results with the Fraxel.  It is just as important to find a dermatologist who is highly trained and skilled at these lasers to make sure that you have the best result.  Please find a board certified doctor in your area with experience in this procedure.  Best of luck!

Different Brands of fractional CO2

+1

There are many different brands of fractional CO2. There are studies reported in the literature that they are pretty much the same with respect to efficacy. I have persona;;y used the Fraxel, Active FX, Lutronics and Smartxide dot. In my opinion, they all will give you similar result. The most important component is not the laser but the practitioner doing it. If you have an experienced practitioner, you will achieve great results no matter which laser you use. I have the Smartxide Dot and I absolutely love it. I get great results with it. Dr. Behnam

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractionated Lasers, Are They All the Same

+1

Hi Jol,

All fractional lasers are not the same. They vary in many parameters including power, depth of treatment, percentage of skin treated, application of the laser, cost to purchase, speed, disposables, and consequently results.

The original fractionated laser was Fraxel. The first fractionated CO2 laser was Lumenis Active FX. Fraxel repair was the second fractionated laser. There are now over 12 companies with fractionated CO2 lasers.

All three of the lasers that you mentioned are effective fractionated CO2 lasers.

As important or even more important than the type of laser is choosing your treating physician most carefully. The combination of an excellent fractionated laser technology with a well trained, experienced, caring physician is what you should seek for your treatment.

I have been using Fraxel re:pair for the last 1 1/2 year with a very high percentage of patient satisfaction.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P