Fractional CO2 Laser After Restylane and Sculptra?

Can you have Fractionated CO2 Laser after Restylane and Sculptra injections?

Fractional Co2 and Filler for more dramatic smoothness

+2

Yes is the answer to your question about combining a filler such as Radiesse, Restylane or Juvederm after fractional Co2. The important thing as far as doing these two procedures, is timing. If you have had filler, and now would like to enhance your skin's appearance further, just make sure you give your skin a bit of time to ensure any swelling post injection has had time enough to resolve. This varies slightly from person to person, but generally after 2-4 weeks it is safe to proceed. Ideally, if you know you want both treatments, I would opt to do the laser treatment first to see how much improvement can be achieved by laser then enhance that with a filler for the ultimate result. 

Dr. Manolis

Orland Park Plastic Surgeon

You can definitely have Fractionated CO2 laser after Restylane and Sculptra

+1

I generally have patients wait a week after injections for Fraxel Laser.  There is absolutely no reason why you can't have Fraxel after the injections.  Between the injections and the Fraxel you should look great.  It might be easier for you to get the Fraxel first and then do the injections the following week.

Michele S. Green, MD

Combining Fractional CO2 and facial fillers - Treat the skin and melasma during Fractional CO2

+1

Facial fillers such as Restylane and Radiesse are offered in my plastic surgery practice and in Los Angeles, they are common among all cosmetic specialists.  I have been asked to perform these fillers in combination with fractional CO2 and prefer to stage the two treatments in order to avoid post-inflammatory side effects.  I do recognize and treat melasma in conjunction with facial fillers or fractional CO2 and believe most patients should optimize skin health with the Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM system. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Fractional C02 laser and injectables are both possible

+1

One might assume that, because the injectables are placed much deeper than the laser, there should be no interaction. However we don't know this for sure.

I would suggest having the laser treatment first. Its superficial tightening might also guide the possible need for the injectable fillers.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel re:pair, Restylane, and Sculptra

+1

Hi Curiousco,

If you are contemplating having both fillers and Fraxel re:pair, it is best to have the laser treatment first. There have not been definitive studies to show the effect of Fraxel re:pair on Restylane, but one would think that the heat of the laser may cause the filler to possibly break down faster. Additionally, the laser treatment stimulates the patient's own collagen production, stimulating increased volume so that less filler will be needed after the treatment.

Sculptra is not effected by the laser as it is placed deeper below the skin.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Absolutely, but you will have to wait a bit. It might be better to do the laser beforehand.

+1

it is perfectly fine to do fractional CO2 after Sculptra as Sculptra is quite deep and won't at all be affected by the laser energy. In regards to Restylane, depending on how deep it is injected into the dermis, the laser energy theoretically may cause some destruction of the Restylane. If you are leaning towards getting Restylane, then I would consider getting it injected AFTER doing the fractional CO2.

Another advantage to doing the laser prior to getting Restylane injected is that the laser may actually help out so much that it would change the amount of Restylane that would need to be injected in certain areas, or if it would need to be injected at all. An example of this would be the areas around the mouth. Doing laser would likely decrease or obviate the need for Restylane in that area. Perhaps similar effects might be seen around the eyes or between the eyebrows, if you were considering getting those areas injected. It is unlikely to make any significant impact in the Restylane needed for the nasolabial folds.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist