Is It Possible for Me to Have Lingual Braces and Veneers at the Same Time?

I have an overbite, plus my teeth stick a bit. If I get lingual braves could I get veneers while I have them? Or, would I have to wait until I'm done with my braces? And if I have to wait, could my orthodontist saw my teeth down. They are a bit larger then I want them to be. Thanks!

Lingual Braces and Veneers at the same time

+3

Lingual Braces (on the back side) and Veneers simultaneously would not be a wise decision. As the teeth move, spaces may open or close and contours would be different. If immediate esthetics is your concern, Temporary Bonding may be an option. It could be modified as the orthodontics proceeded and finalized at the end or converted to Porcelain Veneers. Best of luck. 

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Lingual Braces and Veneers ( Do the orthodontic treatment first)

+1

It is best to have your orthodontic work fully completed or near completion.  Often times, restorations including veneers will turn out much better if you have straight teeth. I agree with the dentist get temporary bondings to fills in gaps while you are in orthodontic treatment.  

Also, we can definitely reshape your teeth.  We like to also try to do this at the end of ortho treatment  when the teeth are straight.  Your orthodontist will be able to determine if in fact your teeth are proportionately longer .  Usually teeth appear long because they are just hanging lower but when the orthodontist levels the teeth through orthodontics the tooth that the patient thought appeared long was in fact normal length. 

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Braces and Veneers

+1

It sounds like you would like to have a great smile as fast and inconspicuously as possible!  If this is the case, it would be a great idea to ask these questions when you go in for a consultation so you'll know what you will be dealing with. But in general, you would have the braces done first to put the teeth in a favorable position for the veneers. As for your longer teeth, you may want to wait on filing them down, as the orthodontics may take care of this by moving them up. Make sure you have a good plan for how you want your cosmetic outcome to be BEFORE you start any dental work. Have you looked into Six Month Smiles orthodontics? It's an almost invisible way to have straighter teeth in much less time, as the name implies. All the best to you!

Dallas Cosmetic Dentist

Overbite Correction and Veneers at the same time?

+1

Congratulations for fixing your teeth-Consider doing braces but use the front kind and it will block what your teeth look like.  DO NOT do veneers until you have completed your orthodontic treatment(braces).  Make sure the orthodontist knows what bothers you-If you have decay, fix it-otherwise get through the braces and then get cosmetic dental care.  The orthodontist can refer you to a cosmetic dentist and they can work together to reshape and recontour as needed.  You won't be disappointed!

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Is it possible to do lingual braces and veneers at the same time?

+1

Remember almost anything is possible the question is does it make sense and in my opinion the answer is no. You would be much better off doing the ortho first and then follow up with veneers or crowns good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD      CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist