Flossing with Lingual Braces?

Flossing aids that the orthodontist has given me has helped me clean my teeth easier, but still doesn't feel like my teeth are clean or have reached all the spot between my teeth. Plus for some reason it takes me ages to get done with flossing. I was wondering if it's possible to switch from the regular flosses to one of those sonicare airflosses will work just as well for my teeth?

Cleaning around lingual braces

+1

Cleaning your teeth will certainly be more of a challenge with orthodontic appliances. A lot of adult patients find water pic to be very helpful as well.

New York Orthodontist

Sonicare AirFloss

+1

Hi there, I would highly recommend the Sonicare AirFloss in addition to regular flossing, especially if you are braces! Many of our orthodontic patients take the AirFloss to work so they can floss after meals and snacks more easily. Typically, patients floss more, feel better, and have much better gum health when using the AirFloss. So go forth and AirFloss your way to a healthier, happier smile!

Sarah Kim Kong, DDS
Dallas Cosmetic Dentist