Is It Better to Have Filler First Before Lower Face Lift?

I'm considering Lower Face Lift but I would like to try fillers first. I am 49 years old.

Fillers are great after a lower facelift to enhance the overall improvement

+2

2 weeks after a lower facelift is a great time to enhance the results with fillers. Often a TCA peel is done at the same time as the facelift so there is less areas to put the fillers in when the results of the peel and lift are seen at the 2 week period. Face/neck lifts can be done easily and safely under local tum. anesthesia with a quicker, less painful recovery for roughly $6-8,500. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation options for a 49-year-old

+2

Dear patient from South Carolina,
When we reach age fifty, the aging process coarsens the texture of the skin, diminishes its youthful layer of fatty tissue, and causes the angularity of the face to be lost. As the skin makes its downward descent off the cheeks, jaw, and neck, it pouches into unsightly bags and overhanging jowls. At this point, lower facelift is the primary treatment for improving these aging processes. In some cases, secondary treatment would be a fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing. Fillers are temporary and cannot achieve what facelift can bring about. I recommend you to have a consult with a board certified surgeon specializing in facial rejuvenation. Good luck.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Lower face lift or fillers?

+1

The choice is, of course, up to you to make.  Certainly, answering this question without the benefit of seeing photos, is even more difficult.  There is certainly nothing wrong with trying fillers and seeing if you are satisfied with them.  Please be careful with your expenditures as I have seen patients who come to me for a lift, sometimes after spending thousands of dollars on multiple fillers.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers before facelift.

+1

Absolutely.  At your age you are likely to benefit greatly from fillers.  This will buy you some time and allow you to really research your facelift.

Best regards,

Dr. Bolitho

Glynn Bolitho, PhD, MD, FACS

Fillers versus lower facelift

+1

The answer to your question depends on several factors, including your appearance, the severity of the aging which you want to correct, your feelings about surgery, ability to have time off for recovery and your pocketbook.  For some patients who have early jowling, facial fillers can delay a facelift by at least 5-10 years.  During this time, they can build a relationship of trust with a plastic surgeon.  For patients with limited financial resources, filler offers the opportunity to improve appearance without a significant expenditure.  All of these considerations can be addressed in consultation.  I find that many of my female patients who work want to do something but are just not ready for a facelift---and that's fine so long as they understand the limitations of filler. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Facelift and Fillers

+1

In my opinion, it completely depends on what you look like and how you have aged.  Make sure you see someone who is a great filler and surgeon to help determine if you need one, the other or, in many cases, both.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift versus fillers

+1

For most 49 year-olds, fillers would be a second choice to a true lift. If you have the time and money to complete the lift versus the fillers, you will get more dramatic and longer lasting improvement. You might also ask your doctor about fat grafting, which is a form of filling that is longer lasting. While aging changes are unique to each person, the average 39 year-old receives more benefits from filler than the average 49 year-old. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will ensure that a treatment plan is customized to your goals and anatomy.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Dermal fillers versus a lower facelift

+1

Patients today have many options for facial rejuvenation of the lower face. Dermal fillers are extremely popular impatience I want to correct the nasolabial folds and marionette lines (otherwise known as the smile lines). If this is your main concern, a dermal filler making the trick. If you're interested in changing the shape of the jaw or in redraping the skin on your neck, a lower facelift will be more appropriate. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has great deal of experience in lower facelift techniques, dermal fillers, and facial rejuvenation. They will be able to assess your concerns and recommend a course of treatment that will meet your personal goals.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Facelift versus fillers

+1

Many people are spending significant sums of money on fillers and liquid facelift. Most of these corrections are transient and last less than 1 year at best. In my opinion, it is better to treat the source of the issue properly and then build on it. That means doing the facelift first and then using fillers or botox as an adjunct when needed.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Face lift and fillers

+1

With aging we lose volume in our face.

I do use fat injection to certain areas of the face during face lift to enhance certain areas and to fill certain areas that the face lift did not adequately address. It is a very powerfull addition to the face lift.